2»

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Jennrich, where are you located? 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited September 2017

This friend of mine, (via this forum) in France has wrenched her Hudson into drivability from some significant problems.  In her words;

"Me I'm very happy ! I can drive my Hudson  !  It is easy to drive : It brakes very well and has good road holding ! I have 3 cars that roll well, it's great.
  • Kdancy Mustang Oklahoma
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Looks like nice ride.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor

FYI

Its your car so I would do whatever you want with it. I echo Syd the kidd comment on updating to a newer Hudson Drive train to sustain Thruway driving since the original '40 motor was built before Interstates. A lot depends on your resources (money & assistance) though. Additionally, If you put a modern drivetrain in it may lose some value to some people but not others. Like I saiu do whatever you want.

• Update*** weve started the upgrade process. Ill post pics if i can. we found a 305 v8 motor and a 700r4 trans for it. upgrading to a mustang II front end and a 68 chevelle rear. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    That's a lot of work. Look forward to seeing your progression
  • sounds cool. do a build thread. might help some one down the track do similar.
    Even if its just pics.

Looking forward to following along. 
    biggest bit of advice is dont cut corners to speed up the process or lessen the blow to the wallet. Do it right and do it safe. poor fabrication and workmanship just to save a few dollars or get it on the road a few months quicker puts just not you at risk on the roads.
  • In my 40 coupe I used a AMC 20 rear with a leaf spring kit from Speedway. 
  • hey nashgas,

got pics of the '40 ?

mark
    '40 coupe