interchangeable 113 inch wheel base?

Jennrich827
Jennrich827 Member
edited June 2017 in HUDSON
I have a Hudson 1940 in wanting to replace the chassis into something that will ride smoother. First I wanted to use a ranger 90s model but they are all 111 inches or 122 wheel base. My paperwork shows its a 113 that I have on my Hudson but I measure 114. Anyone point me in the direction of a chassis that will match? Newer is better I don't want to have to rebuild it.

Comments

• yes removing the chassis and replacing it with a smoother ride. Also taking out the original motor and transmission and trading for a 350 small block Chevy and a 350 turbo transmission. Leaving the outside with a nice paint job and new interior.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    My friend has a 40 2 door already changed to a 350 Chevy auto.  It is for sale and ready for you to drive.  Might be able sell yours and buy the other one. 
  • I wish but I paid way to much for this one.
  • Does it matter what the measurements are across the front?

• try to keep as close to stock as poss.

Otherwise you will face issues with steering, turn circles, wheel rub.

Wheel offset can help though to bring the wheel a bit further in or out.

Just think you got to get the wheel under the front guards.

I will be posting my front end pics in the coming days of the install of the front clip. it might answer or help with some questions.

Alex
  • is there a chassis that yal recommend? at first i9 was thinking an s-10 front with a 78 cutlass rear but Im not really wanting to buy 2...id like to just take the frame and put it right onto the chassis.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited June 2017
    a Michael Day on public Facebook group { HudsonMotor Car Fan Club} is putting a 46 coupe on an 03 Durango chassis and will be posting progress photos.
    his post dated June 4.