Step Down Parts

Sacksenheim
Sacksenheim Member
edited May 2017 in Parts & Pieces
All right friends. When I bought my 51 Hornet, it came with a 16' box truck worth of spares. I have finally started looking through some of the boxes and here is the first part of the haul. I can't imagine needing all of this, perhaps someone here does?

First is I assume a NOS dash board. As you can see from the second picture, it's not perfect due to some small scratches above the gauge cluster but it is pretty dang nice.

Next is a fair bit of trim pieces. Most of the pot metal is not great but some is pretty nice. The gauge cluster specifically looks brand new and was in a plastic bag. There's also a speedo and clock, don't know if they work. The glass lenses for all the lights are pretty nice too. Is any of this worth anything to any of you? 

***edited because I bought a 51 hornet not a 54. I was however writing the post with my 4 year old so maybe that's how that happened? Hope that didn't mess anyone up. 

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Where are you located?  Looks like a nice dashboard.  I think you will find a home for it.
  • Sacksenheim
    Sacksenheim Member
    edited May 2017
    I am in north east Ohio. Akron to be exact. I would say the dash and the gauge bezel are far and away the nicest parts in the haul. By the way, there are two more bins full of stuff, plus fenders, hood, trunk lid, glass, suspension parts, a rear end, brake drums, like 4 or 5 heater control units that go under the dash, one twin H air cleaner, exterior stainless... the list goes on. If only there was a damn voltage regulator.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    If you have a pair of headlight bezels that are not pitted and flat on the back, i.e., don't rock when they are laying on a flat surface, I would be interested in them.  
    HETrlchilton52@gmail.com (drop the HET before sending)
  • I'm interested in many of your parts.  Email me at gmc46golden@aol.com and I'll give you a list.  Thanks, Glen
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    I would be interested in your front door  armrests, ,single twin H air cleaner, and OD or hood release cables.
  • @RL Chilton, I think all the head light bezels seem to rock when you lay them flat. I'm sorry.

@Lance, there are two arm rests that I've found so far. There is the one pictured originally and one in in this picture in this post. They don't seem to match and I'm not sure if they are front or rears. There are pictures of the air cleaner, and cables below.

• Here is the next bin worth of stuff.

• jase
    jase Member
    You need a voltage regulator? I may have an extra, have to check the stash.
  • Sacksenheim
    Sacksenheim Member
    edited May 2017
    I actually just found one, of course after I bought one. It's ok, the one I found is pretty crusty, I am not sure I'd trust it. Got some more pictures taken today.

Anyone need brake parts?

Here's stuff I still have to unpack

• PeterD
    PeterD Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi, I sent you a private message.
  • Hi Peter. I replied to your PM
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Hey Sacksenheim,
    If those are the 11 X 2.25 front brakes I may be interested in them.
    I want to adapt the backing plates shoes and drums to my car if you have it all.
    Thanks,
    J
  • jase
    jase Member
    I'm interested in the trans floor pan. It's for hydra matic , but I can use it. I'm sure it'd be easier to pick up rather than mess with shipping.. :)
  • JJ, I'll measure tonight.

Jase, I'm in Akron, Ohio. Where are you?

I'm glad people are interested in these parts. When I walked out of the basement today I thought to myself, "If no one wants any of this crap then it must all be scrap and will be disposed of accordingly." I would feel a little bit guilty but I can't devote half my basement to a dusty collection of parts no one wants.
  • jase
    jase Member
    I'm in Western Va, along I-81. You're about 3-4 hours from me, so an easy trip. Have to check the schedule and see what my employee coverage is, so I know when I can get away.
  • Great! Just let me know. I only work ten minutes from home so as long as I don't have military duty I am generally available any day of the week, any time of the day.
  • Peter, sent you a PM.
  • JJ, I measure the backing plate at 12" across. Did I measure the wrong dimension? Was I suppose to measure from the outer diameter of the shoes?
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Hey S, 
    I think that's correct. The back plates are bigger than the drums. Is their a good set of drums to go with them?
    Thanks!
    J
  • Oh man there are a whole lot of drums! I'll get pictures tonight.
  • Take your pick.
  • I'm interested to buy the instrument panel. Will you tell the price.
    Will you ship to Finland?
  • StayBrown
    StayBrown Expert Adviser
    Do you have a driver side splash shield/panel?

• befishers1
    befishers1 Expert Adviser
    I sent you a PM.
  • Interested in the interior handles, escutcheons and trunk emblem. Please let me know price w/shipping. I'm at 07506 NJ
  • Guys apologies on a lack of responsiveness. I'm a little busy at work today and a single dad this evening again. I'm definitely going to catch up on this Friday and Saturday.

Finn, I sent you a sent you an email to your gmail address.

StayBrown, what's the splash panel?

befishers, I replied to your PM.

airbrushguy, I sent an email to your gmail address as well.
  • Thank you

I replied to your email.
  • StayBrown
    StayBrown Expert Adviser
    The splash panel is part of the inner fender that goes bolted onto the fire wall, behind the front tire.

• I believe I've put up pictures of everything I have at this point.