Searching for a new rear panel for a 1948 super six

DoctorvauxDoctorvaux Member
in HUDSON Posts: 24
I am looking to buy a new rear panel, the one that sits across thet rear of the car, above the rear bumper and holds the rubber seal for the trunk lid.  I would prefer a new old stock panel, but a really good used panel would do. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could find this panel ?
Thank you.


  • Uncle JoshUncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Posts: 2,464
    Jason Fisher?
  • LanceLance Member
    Posts: 516
    What year? What model?
  • DoctorvauxDoctorvaux Member
    Posts: 24
    The car is a 1948 super six, 2 door coupe. I assumed that the 4 door and 2 door panels were the same ? I have looked at the panel on a a 53 hornet 4 door and it appears to be the same.
  • Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    Posts: 3,227
    Actually the rear panels for '52-53 are about 1-1/2 " longer (height-wise) as they lowered the rear bumpers in '52 that much to give the cars a lower look. Any rear panel from the 48-51 era Stepdowns would work.
  • DoctorvauxDoctorvaux Member
    Posts: 24
    Thank you Ken, I would never have known that !

Sign In or Register to comment.