WTB 36 Terraplane headlight lens

Looking for a headlight lens for my 36 Terraplane coupe.  dleone@atlanticbb.net 

Comments

• Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    I have have some, but, am in Australia.
  • ken1962
    ken1962 Member
    Dan, I broke one a few years ago and got interested in the types for 1936 - be aware there are two types available for your car. One is the American version which is made up of vertical and horizontal line or prisms to enhance the reflected light and the other is the Canadian/Australian version which is clear and has a few horizontal loops or lines which in my view looks more attractive than the USA lens - the lens which are not USA have an "x" letter meaning "export"  note: Light Lens/Glass - measuring the underside/back.  The height is 19.6cm & width is 19.2cm.  There are several brands and the size also suits other vehicle makes.  so if you can get a photo and measurements before 
  • There's one on eBay. 
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I have a few. I can send you pictures to make sure they are correct for a '36 . They were from my '37 Hudson.
  • philster
    philster Expert Adviser
    '37 glass lenses may not suit.  
    Headlight buckets are different and I suspect the height & width of the glass may also be different.  Ken's measurements are correct for Aust '36 Terra's.  I am not sure if the Aust buckets were made in Aust or imported!
    The reference nos that I have -
    1. C M Hall #129001.
    2. Riteway Export - Corcoran Brown Lamp Co with no part no.
    3. Bi-Ray #15420 made by C M Hall
    4. No name but down the bottom, there is a large "H" with a Hudson triangle within the top of the "H" and an Essex six sided emblem within the bottom of the "H"
    5. I think it is a "CDK" brand for Dodge?

• Thanks for all the info. I didn't even realize they wern't perfectly round! I have located one though and am in the process of working out the shipping.
  • ken1962
    ken1962 Member
    Dan when you get it be careful to use some thin non slip gloves and put a blanket under the bucket in case you drop it or it falls out. Read the instructions and beware that the glass will grind and you'll feel that it might crack or shatter. This is normal however be gentle - you'll think it will never go in and once you do it once - you'll never forget how to do it - but it can be quite scarcely as you only have one shot at it if it breaks- don't have someone breathing over your shoulder :-)  cheers Ken