Introduction

I think i am doing this correctly. Anyways, I am a young dad with two kids and a newly purchased '51 Hornet. I've had great success learning from the members of forums related to other cars I've had in the past so I figured I'd join up here. Also the car I purchased came with a lot of spare parts and I figure they be of some interest to folks here.

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Welcome to the club. I also have a 51 Hornet and 2 young kids. Where are you located? We will do what we can to help you. I am sure many will be interested in what you have. We all like to see pictures of Hudsons and Hudson parts :)

Don
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Take a look at the website listed in my signature.  It is my Hudson Stepdown website... providing information to Hudson folks since 1998.

Good Luck... 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome on board, Sack!  We'll do our best to answer any questions you might have.  As Don said, do let us know what part of the country (or world!) you're from.  The Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club (which sponsors this forum) as about 40 chapters around the U.S., and there are plenty of local gatherings around the country at which you'd be more than welcome.  (And there are 3 or 4 other separate Hudson clubs, in places like Australia, New Zealand and Sweden.)  So, if we know your approximate location we can maybe hook you up with a Hudson meet or two this spring and summer.

Meanwhile, if you don't know about the Hudson club, here's their website: http://www.hetclub.org/
  • Welcome.  I'm the father of a toddler, and the owner of a '54 Hornet.  You'll find this forum and the people to be a wonderful resource.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am currently in Akron, Ohio but I am hoping to get word soon that I am moving to Phoenix Arizona.

My plans for the car are to convert it to 12V, put seat belts in it (will definitely be looking for help on this), sort out the front end (seems pretty loose, and there is a clunk when the suspension loads up in a turn at very slow speed or at hard application of brakes at cruising speed), and eventually add vintage air, and replace the interior. I hope to use the car as both a learning and bonding tool with my boys.
  • iceblade10
    iceblade10 Member
    edited April 2017
    Check out this thread for the recommended seat belt installation location (and pics!) for stepdowns:

http://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/comment/212370/#Comment_212370

You'll want to make sure you get the right hardware, too.  Do NOT just use an oversized washer, as they can punch right through the sheet metal if you're ever in an accident (God forbid).

Some people have recommended this vendor.  I myself have purchased the belts and hardware from here, and was satisfied with the quality.  Ebay is another route, but quality could be dicey.  I plan on installing my belts sometime this summer, so I can attach my daughter's car seat for her first of many Hudson rides... :-)

http://www.julianos.com/Seat-Belts-s/96.htm

• Val
    Val Member
    Welcome indeed you will find a wealth of information here. All the guys and gals are willing to help in locating parts or advice on maintain your car or whatever your need may be.