Tune Up Part Numbers

I'm wondering if anyone has the part numbers handy for the cap, rotor, points, and condenser for a 1954 Hornet?  Thanks.

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    From the INTERNET 

• Thank you, Oldfarmer.  I was hoping for magical NAPA numbers that I could use to stock up on these parts, but it doesn't look like it's going to be that easy.  WRP sells a tune up kit for $60 plus shipping, but that seems pricey to me.  I guess this is why some people choose to go electronic... 
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    One thing to factor into the cost of converting to electronic ignition is the cost of a tow home. LOL
  • onerare39 said:
    One thing to factor into the cost of converting to electronic ignition is the cost of a tow home. LOL
    I agree.  I like the IDEA of updating to electronic ignition, but the anecdotal evidence I've read about on this site makes me think NO WAY!  I'm still using the original distributor in my Hornet, and it works just fine for me.  Now I'm thinking about stocking up on parts if I can find cheap ones readily available.  Who knows how hard they'll be to get in the future?
  • Stephen,here are the NAPA numbers,cap-AL106,points-CS719A,cond.-AL869,rotor-AL112,NGK plugs are B7HS ,got this number from member the original Champion number is H11 for '54 but not made anymore,CH10 replacement but they are one step colder than called for,if you can find an older store that still has catalogs you might find a direct cross to another company. But if you can find a place that sells Standard Ignition they are better parts and ask for Blue Streak which is the better line with brass contact parts,NAPA went to Echlin that are all made in Mexico.I put a set of NAPA points in my '54 just yesterday,and wouldn't even fire,cleaned the old points that look like Standard and she fired right up,first time I heard her run since I bought her two years ago!!! Runs like a top.Rock Auto sells Standard and they should be able to cross NAPA's numbers,and Standard also has an on-line catalog.
  • onerare39 said:

What ignition breaks down and causes a tow?

When was the last time you did a tune up on your newer car?

There are factory style electronic ignitions that can be retrofit on the Hudson.

But they are 12v.

• Ice, Send an email to xxxdbasauto@aol.com (remove xxx) with your needs. Tell him eddie hudson sent you
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    BTW, Rock Auto lists all these parts for your 54