Greetings from Mass

Hey everyone my names Chris but everyone refers to me as Steel. I am new to Hudson Essex Terraplanes and honestly don't know a stich about them. It is my hope that I can learn enough to possibly save one of them that caught my intrest. My old man was the person to ask about antique cars but unfortunately hes enjoying retirement behind the pearly gates. I am always around to help wrench if any one needs a second set of hands.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Open Forum, Chris!  If you're serious about someday acquiring a Hudson, Essex, or Terraplane, you might want to consider joining the H-E-T Club.  http://www.hetclub.org/  If nothing else, you will receive a really good magazine every other month.  The Club has about 40 chapters around the U.S. and you might enjoy attending a meet at one near you.  (If you are indeed from Massachusetts, the "New England Chapter" is the one nearest you, but there are a couple in New York State as well.  The New England Chapter is very active and you'll get to know some great people with a lot of historic and technical knowledge of Hudsons.  Also, they like to drive their cars so you can begin to see these cars firsthand and this may help you decide which one you would like to acquire eventually.)  Chapter membership requires membership in the National, but I am sure that you would be most welcome to stop by one of the local gatherings and introduce yourself.  Check the "Upcoming Events" category here at the Forum, and also go to the Cllub / Events drop-down menu at the Club website (link, above) and see what's going on in your area. (There's a regional meet in Quebec this year, for instance).  The list of Chapter contacts is at the website under Clubs / Chapters / Eastern Region -- that's your region.

We look forward to hearing from you and answering any Hudson questions you might have!
  • dougson
    dougson Senior Contributor
    Hi Steel, I am a MA resident and often take my '54 coupe out to various shows around New England. Maybe see you at one.