A Syrian car guy, and his 49 Hudson.

kiwijeffkiwijeff Member
in HUDSON Posts: 163
Here's a guy who, in the midst of war, hangs on to his dream of fixing up his war ravaged American cars, including his Fourty nine Hudson.
I sure hope he can pull it off.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/image-of-a-syrian-man-listening-to-his-records-amid-rubble-strikes-a-chord/

Comments

• KdancyKdancy Senior Contributor
    Quite a story.
    53 Super Super Wasp Coupe
    53 Studebaker Coupe Custom
    64 Champ pickup
    53 Hornet Coupe od no drivetrain,  haven't decided what to do with this one

Kerry Wellborn, Florida http://s294.beta.photobucket.com/user/studebaker2/library/
  • railknightrailknight Expert Adviser

Quite a sad story, yet a hopeful one about an individual who won't give up on life.  I'm sure there are plenty of people like him throughout the world's latest war zones.

• dougsondougson Senior Contributor
    If all the deadly foolishness that occurs over there should thankfully come to an end, I would be glad to help him out. It's got to be the only Hudson in Syria.
    Doug Smith - "Toby Knoll Garage"

1951 Muntz Jet
    1953 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
    1954 Hudson Hornet coupe/Grand National Tribute car
    1955 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac - "Studillac"
    1956 Corvette SR Replica

• Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    dougson said:
    If all the deadly foolishness that occurs over there should thankfully come to an end, I would be glad to help him out. It's got to be the only Hudson in Syria.
    The foolishness will end when OUR so-called government stops meddling in other countries affairs. They spent far more time and taxpayer money trying to institute "regime change" and micro-managing other countries by coercion than maintaining our crumbling infrastructure, supporting our elderly, veterans, or enforcing immigration and securing our own borders. They keep trying to force regime change without any regard as to what malevolent forces will fill in the political vacuum that results.....The inability to learn from past mistakes is a classic hallmark of stupidity. "You can't fix stupid" sure seems to ring true when referring to the current crop of US politicians. Sorry, but I needed to vent in a little rant. I am sure some here share my feelings.