Grill light

I have a '54 Wasp with the red Hudson center grill emblem.  I was told these emblems originally had bulbs and were wired to run with the headlights and glow red, is this true?  There is a hole in back that could hold a socket..

Comments

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Yes,   Is wired into the parking light circuit .
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    The higher priced Hudson had the bulb and your emblem would act as a lens with the clear areas lighting up.  Maybe they cut costs for the Wasp.  Hudson police cars had to disconnect them 'cause the perps could see them coming and absquatulate.  (Jon Battle's word.)
  • There goes Jon talking dirty again. LOL.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Yes, I think beginning in 1952, the Pacemaker, and then the '53 & '54 Wasp was turned loose from the factory without the illumination for the Hudson Logo in the grill.  All other models excerpt the Jet series had the illuminated logo.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    My 53 & 54 Wasps were w/o lamp sockets or wired.  The bulb mount in the lense back has a metal close out plug in both.
  • my 52 hollywood wasp lights up
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    This is the bulb and socket used to light the emblem.image
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I had two 53 Super Wasps and both were lit.
  • Oldfarmer1947gmailcomOldfarmer1947gmailcom                        
    What size is that socket?
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited February 2017

I just thought: I have the thing for all you rat car folks>> I have 1000 lights on the bottom of my stepdown that dance to music !!!!

12 votes only (lol) --cost for just the lights approx. $30.

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited February 2017

If interested:  You get the LED lites on eBay; 300 lites in a 16 ft roll--lights, various colors avil., are 1/2" apart, encased in solid plastic with 3M adhesive on the flat side. $10. per roll, no frt.

Also showing rear night running lights behind rear bumper(connected to license plate light); about 230 red LEDs. Better safe than sorry. Only problem is that I haven't driven at night but once in 2 years lol !!