mirror needed

drivers door mirror needed for a freshly restored 1949 Hudson coupe. nos Hudson not a aftermarket. car was restored to original by Russell Maas

Comments

• From what I hear, Hudson didn't make the mirrors.  The various dealers put them on and they used several different types.   
    I think Paul Schuster may sell nice mirrors that are a good facsimile. 
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    I have attached a copy of the product release notice sent to all dealers and included in the Service Merchandiser magazine
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    edited June 2019
    I came across these...too late, but someone else was able to get it.

Outside mirror in a factory accessory box, so they did exist.  It looked NOS, but the picture of the mirror itself had been pulled (you can see part of it in pic 2).

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited June 2019
    An image of that same outside rearview mirror is shown in the "Hudson Custom Tailored Accessories" flyer which is dated 10-53.   If you hadn't checked already, Dale Cooper also sells an outsider rearview mirror that's suppose to be appropriate for stepdowns.  
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited June 2019
    Just be sure the mirror swivels enough for you to see to the rear when mounted. Suggest someone hold it on the car before you drill holes, or destroy return instructions.
    Especially for the RIGHT side !! 
    You might have to get a stick-on like I did, if you aren't very careful about what you receive in a box !!!
    photo>> https://photos.app.goo.gl/wqbViq6kqqZH1Rx99   

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I am also looking for a pair of these mirrors for our 54 Hornet Hollywood  Ray
  • Looks like you made it work, RichardD.

• Made it work !! That offset is from Walmart online. BUT I went so far as adding a 'back-up' camera and with 2 modes, one is it operates all the time. 7" screen is on a 'caddy' on center floor hump. Camera is shown here above the first tag number (3).
    >>https://photos.app.goo.gl/YtDGnmYYwvoeRyi76