1934 - 37 Rear Gear Box Bearing

I am in need of a NOS New Departure rear gear box bearing.  The applicable bearing number is - #42108.

I cannot locate one in Australia and my searching on the internet for a possible USA source has proved to be rather frustrating.

Does anyone have some names, websites, email address etc of likely bearing companies that may have one on the shelf?

Many thanks
Regards
Phil

Comments

• philster
    philster Expert Adviser
    Thanks Frank.
    Unfortunately, the seller via the Amazon order process does not ship to locations outside USA.  I have sent them an email and I am hoping that they will do so outside the Amazon process, or change the listing to allow.
    Regards
    Phil

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Phil
    Here in NZ, the post office runs a USA address to get round the 'will not ship out of USA' problem . Maybe Australia Post runs a similar scheme. You can see the NZ version details at https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop

• Phil,

I feared that there might be some issue with that. I hope you can find a way around it if you should decide to place an order. Aside from that, I could purchase one and send it along to you, but I don't know what that might cost. I can check into it if you can't find a better solution.

Frank

• 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    I shipped bearings to Australia last year.  The least expensive way was the USPS as regular mail. Checked UPS, DHL, FEDX they all wanted crazy money.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    There is a freely available replacement bearing, with the same inside and outside specs,  but the  length is slightly narrower, and the  external circlip is slightly thinner.  Sorry I don't have the number for this, but it is a metric bearing.  I used this in a couple of  transmissions, and you have to  add a shim washer in front to   allow for end play of the main shaft.    
  • philster
    philster Expert Adviser
    Thanks to all for replys.
    Yes, Aust Post have a service similar to what is offered in NZ.  When I investigated Aust Post costs, I found them very expensive.

Thanks for the heads up on USPS regular mail.  For a 1lb package, UPS online were charging in excess of US$100.00.

There are two bother brand bearings that will work, but you need to make a spacer because the measurement from the retaining clip to the flat surface that is against the gear is too narrow.  One is a European bearing, the other is a Japanese one with the latter needing a 40thou spacer!  Much rather get an original bearing.

Ken, I have sent you a msg via the reply link.

Regards to all
    Phil

• barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    A lot of people use Shipito for posting items from the USA to Australia. Buy something in the USA and get them to post it to your Shipito address in California. It will then be reposted