WTB Vacuum Reserve Tank

54Hollywood
54Hollywood Senior Contributor
Hi everyone,

We have a '54 Hornet with the Bendix Treadle-Vac Power Brakes but this car has never had the extra vacuum reserve tank and I would like to add it.  Anybody have one for sale or have any leads of where to get one?  Thanks.

Tim in WI.

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    If you can use a Universal; Vacume reserve Tank Jegs Performance has them for $30
  • 4Hud
    4Hud Expert Adviser
    Jegs has them available for around $50. Non-original but functional, 5"x7".
  • 54Hollywood
    I'd like an original if I can find it but thanks for the lead about Jegs.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Like this?
  • 54Hollywood
    I think so.  It looks very similar to the one on Ray Byvank's recently restored '54 but hopefully someone else will chime in here to make a positive i.d.  How does it attach to the inner fender?
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    It has 3 mounting tabs on the bottom
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The vacuum tank Don pictures is a Hudson :1954 tank.
  • 54Hollywood
    Sounds good, thanks.  Don, assuming your tank is in good condition without any leaks, cracks, etc. why don't you PM me and we can talk about price?  Thanks.
  • I have one of these vacuum tanks on the RH fender apron of my 53 Hornet; no power brakes either.  Don't know what it was used for since it is not connected to anything.  Anybody know if Hudson used these prior to 54 and for what?  Thanks.
  • drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Does it come off the fuel pump into the tank then into the wipers from a duel action pump ?

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    If good original vacume tanks are becoming hard to find consider mounting an aftermarket Tank from E Bay $15 & up.....