hudson commodore 8 coupe sale

racing62
racing62 Member
edited January 2017 in Vehicles
complete restored maching number. more pictures at http://olofssons.net/commodore coupe/1950 coupe.html

Comments

• wow....beautiful
  • Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    WOW--very nicely done.!!!!!
  • thanks,,took me 1900 hours
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    It's been a long time since I have seen that much detail work done on a Hudson. Congratulations on a world class job. I have drooled over the pictures! I have one question. In the picture of the shift and clutch linkage ,What is the object next to the master cylinder? Is that the "hill holder" That I have only heard about but never seen one?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Yes from having a Studebaker that is exactly what that is a hill holder cylinder.  It was a dealer installed option on Hudsons and I have seen some sell on ebay NOS in the Hudson box, but I never seen one on a stepdown.   They are really nice to have
  • Gotta agree with the above comments.   Really well done, Pal.   What a great job.  Just curious, after doing all this work and becoming so intimate with this beautiful car, what is your inspiration to sell?..k
  • yes thats a hill holder and it is realy nice working thing, love that one, so easy when you just have little uphill and just clutch down and the other on trottle
  • I been driving it for 7 years now and it is healt problem. Love that car, took me many years just to find the objekt. It comes from Al Sapphran in the beginning 80ties
  • it was a nice object with no rust and a untouched car so I could see how everything was from beginning. 
  • I'm sorry you have to sell.... You did a beautiful job on the car though... Thank you for posting those pictures, I've saved them for reference.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    My first Hudson driver was a 49 coupe with hornet drive train. Loved that car. 
    Yours is such a great looking and I bet, great driving Hudson. I'd sure love to own it!

• Too bad that your health requires selling.  I hope you get your asking price and a new owner appreciates the car for the outstanding piece of work that it represents!...k

• the current bid is up in 79
  • still have the car and think that I keep it.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Glad to hear you won't be getting rid of it.  It is something to be very proud of! 

• The speedometer appears to be reading in kilometers.  Nice car.