Front Disc brake conversion for sale

Majumbo
Majumbo Expert Adviser
  I have a front disc conversion setup for step down from orphan auto mill which I think is ran by member faustmb for sale. I believe this was based of off the Lubuds kit. I have the MC kit and the hub kit. Looking to get 400 plus shipping.  I believe I paid 540 plus shipping.
thanks 

Comments

• Would this fit a 47 hudson pickup?
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Regarding Fit...It should since the Backing plates have same bolt pattern from '37 to '54 that I have experienced. The Spindles on a '37 are a slightly longer requiring using a second oblong spacer behind the Hub Castle Nut. (You can buy a .125 Grade 8 Washer at Lowes too).. Additionally, I needed to use one original "37 - '47 wheel Brg with one Stepdown Brg.  To summarize, Stepdown Hornet Brakes will fit a '37  -'47 with a couple minor Brg switches... However, The Master Cyl Mount for a Stepdown is different than  '37 to '47 M/cyl. Hope this helps...
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    am wondering if I can use the 54 bendix treadle vac booster and m/c with this disc brake conversion.  Ray
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    am wondering if I can use the 54 bendix treadle vac booster and m/c with this disc brake conversion.  Ray
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited January 2017
    I have this kit (actual LaBud kit, not a replica) on my '53; do not have power brakes and DO NOT need them whatsoever at all. Use 10 psi valve on rear circuit and 2 for front.  Install disks then decide if you need a booster. I would bet that you won't consider it at all. Certainly other brake components must be excellent and correctly set. When you can slide the tires you don't want much else. Unless, you have a muscle problem.
  • What brake pads and rotors are needed to complete this kit? What do you think shipping cost would be to 21157 area code? Thanks
  • What kind of MC kit do you have?
    I have the rest of the disc kit, just haven't looked at the master cylinder conversion yet...k

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I have this setup on my 48 Commodore.  I got it from Matt Faust and if I recall correctly, he recommended the MC, rotors and pads that are needed and where to get them.  I haven't needed a power booster either and it works a whole lot better than the drum brakes.  
  • Here is the list of parts that came with my brakes. Note that they were on the car when I got it so I cannot attest that this list is accurate; also may be different than Matt's brakes. There is another 'long' list available and I will post next if I can locate it.

• The parts list as copied from "Jalopy Journal":

The Labud's & Pridemore (Both are no longer being made!)
    PARTS LIST::::::::::

HUDSON DISC BRAKE CONVERSION
    PARTS LIST AND INFORMATION SHEET

ROTORS:
    RAYBESTOS Right #6045 Left #6047
    NAPA Right #85802 Left #85803
    These rotors are found on 1975-1979 Ford Granada/ Mercury Monarch

CALIPERS:
    RAYBESTOS Right #RC4043 Left #RC4044
    NAPA Right #242-2015 Left #242-2014
    These calipers were originally used on 1969-1974 Nova and 1969 Camaro

BRAKE PADS:
    RAYBESTOS D-52 ORGANIC OR MD-52 SEMI-METALLIC
    WAGNER 728A (same as D52)
    The RAYBESTOS calipers above come loaded with MD-52 pads.
    Organic pads have been used, and seemed to work well on the HUDSONs.
    Uses WAGNER Pad clips # F73102-5

BRAKE HOSES:
    WAGNER or PRONTO #F80027 (Best choice)
    RAYBESTOS #BH38160 (Will work but have to be modified to fit the frame bracket)
    Use Lawson Hose retention clips for frame bracket.

BANJO BOLTS:
    RAYBESTOS # H 5373 7/16 X 20 X 1.346
    NAPA #82701

WHEEL STUDS:
    NAPA #641-1578 10ea. Pressed into hub
    WAGNER #8D61269
    Use NAPA #641-2026 Lug Nuts

BEARING RACES:
    BCA #09195 (Pressed into rotor hub)
    BEARING RACES continued,
    BCA #15245 (Pressed into rotor hub)

WHEEL SEALS:
    NATIONAL #482253

CALIPER BOLT:
    WAGNER # F76075-S

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Im suprised someone has not jumped on this already...
  • I would like to, but getting a response from the original poster is difficult. Does anyone know where the parts are located? I am trying to estimate shipping costs. Thanks
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2017

Anyone on this post installed a PBR (Aussie) VH-40 power brake booster?? This one does not use a different MC. The output hyd. line from the MC goes to booster.

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2017
    addendum>power brake was in my Healey
  • Did anyone hear from Majumbo ? Just wanted to know if this was still available
  • Cut out on rear of power steering pump which appears to be a 1940 Hudson overdrive solenoid.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2017
    A/C ?  I see a pulley connected to something on the other side? Can't imagine anything else.

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    The disc brake set up has been sold.
  • Majumbo
    Majumbo Expert Adviser
    Sold sorry for missing the PMs and not updating ad. Was kinda busy with work.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited February 2017

Zach, nice to say you're sorry;  BUT, all folks should do is click on your 'name' and your email address comes up.
    PM's are somewhat difficult; even know if you have one.  That is why the email option is best one. I did it and you responded !!
     More should know that ??

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2017

I have purchased the power brake unit and it will be here from Au in about a week. Will see what happens.

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited March 2017

decided against posting more about power brakes due to liability.