WANTED: Hornet Twin H trunk emblem

iceblade10
iceblade10 Member
edited December 2016 in Parts & Pieces
I am looking for a chrome Twin H-Power trunk emblem suitable for a 54 Hornet.  Thank you.

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Try EBay I think there are a couple there.   NOT mine
  • JFromm
    JFromm Senior Contributor
    Try Frank Dluhy in NY. His number is in the roster.
  • I found one on eBay!  Thanks!
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    See if Steve Trout is still making them.
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    What size mounting pins does he use. I bought a repro that had 1/8 pins and paid a lot of money and I didn't want to re drill the trunk lid.so found a original one.  Ray
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Bought mine from Steve, unchromed.  did the chrome work myself.  It looks great....
  • Curious about 'doing the chrome work yourself' ??
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Kenny-

Sent you a PM.  
  • Ken U-Tx said:
    RichardD said:
    Curious about 'doing the chrome work yourself' ??
    You can get a Caswell triple plating kit for small parts for around $500. If you have enough parts to plate at a given cost per part, then you might break even or save some money. Your first few pieces may not be of "show quality" as there definitely is a learning curve involved.

Keep in mind that you'll need to purchase heaters and a rectifier if you don't have them which can run another $200-$1,500 depending on your needs.  Some folks simply use a battery charger but I opted for the 25 amp rectifier when I was using their copy-cad kit so that I would have enough juice to do medium-sized parts and eventually move to chrome.  Caswell has excellent products and their kits are great after just a little practice. 
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Do not get carried away folks, when I said that I did it myself I was talking about that I have access to a chrome shop and went to the shop and cleaned and ran the part.  I understand the process but would never consider plating a "DIY" project.  As a young man I worked in my Dad's tire recapping business--just the same, I understand the process but would never consider restoring a tire from scratch....
This discussion has been closed.