Floor Speed Clips

Ducor Kid
Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
I've looked around for the clips that attach the trans hump to floor pan.
Been unable to find locally or online. Have tried several catalogs with no luck.
Anyone have source ?
Thanks in advance,
Larry

imageimage

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Check with Perry Spring Jr, aka bent metal
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    I tried Perry and he didn't have any.
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    edited October 2016
    I got some a few years ago from Jason at Vintage Coach
  • How many do you need?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Those are repro'd., but I can't remember where I found them.  Might have been Restoration Specialties.  When Perry was making my front floor pans, I sourced them and sent them to him.  Exact copy of originals.  

Lance has probably got a bucket of them, though.  
  • RL Chilton
    I can't remember and that doesn't ring a bell.  Have to try and look it up.  
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Russel,
    Any help would be great as they seem to be getting rarer.
    Larry
  • RL Chilton
    I went back and found the email between Guy Spring and me from '08.  This is what we ended up doing, buying repros and using them.  Here is the email:

"Hi Russell, I was just on the forum and on the thread about clips Lance B. mentions the clips are available from a place called Restoration Specialties in PA.  I looked around in their catalog (link is in the thread) and on page 143, part number 2231!  It looks like the clip!  I'm not sure, but it looks right.  Check it out, see what you think.....It would be nice to have brand new ones, they might even be plated that black cad plating???  I think it said they were $1.10 each, reasonable price."
  • RL Chilton
    Chek out the catalog, let me know what you find.  
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Russel,
    I checked their catalog and found what looks like it on p 151 bottom row.
    Take look and see what you think.
    Larry
  • RL Chilton
    Larry-

Yes, that's it.  

Kenny-
    Yes, it is oddly organized.  It's a thumb-through affair at best.  I remember that's why it took me a while to find a suitable replacement. 

$7.99 a pair!!  I'm in the wrong business.  
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Kenny-
    It's a bargain for Caddy parts!

Russel-
    It took me a bit to find. Adobe couldn't find by part number so I went to searching around the old page number.

Larry
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Thanks to all.

Parts ordered and will report when I get them with pictures,
     Larry
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Got the clips in. They slightly different but go right in the place of the old ones. At price of $1.25 each a good buy.
    Larry

imageimageimage
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Hi everyone.
    Yeah, those are the ones I use. No, they are not 100% the same. But I'd say 95% the same. For all intent and purposes they are great.   Very slight differences, not worth mentioning.  No I don't sell the clips. I just don't buy enough to keep an inventory like that. What I buy I use on the floors I make. Which from what I've been hearing I might end up in the Hudson floor business again. If Chris has decided to not make his floors anymore, I will most likely offer mine again. If he does continue to offer his, I won't offer mine. 
      WHAT ABOUT THE SCREWS?  Does anyone have a source for "NEW" screws, that are correct. 
This discussion has been closed.