Wayne Newtons 33ET8cvcp

I just watch a show called Counting Cars for the first time. They showed Wayne's very first car that he purchased at the age of 16. A 33 convertible coupe. Thank God when the guy with the head band asked if he would sell it , Wayne said no.

Comments

• KustomKreeps
    KustomKreeps Member
    edited September 2016
    u never seen "Counting cars"?!!!
    how about Hotrod magazines "Roadkill"?
    Gas Monkeys "Fast n Loud"?
    "Custom Car Garage!"
    welderup's "Vegas Rat Rods"
    list goes on of petrol head goodness.

oh if you are after Hudson ones try Powerblock

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    We get most of those over here in the UK and I have to say that they count as my "guilty pleasures"!

Not watched Counting Cars yet so that will be next on the list
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    edited September 2016
    Dave Fox did the restoration on that particular car in the Wayne Newton collection.  Dave sold the car at auction some years ago and Newton eventually ended up owning it, having "his guy" plate the wheels and turn the griffin gille shell ornament to gold.  Not authentic but Wayne is a showman.

Now only Wayne would know if he actually owned a '33 ET8 convertible in his early years.  Let's presume he did and that is a photo of his actual car in the display.     But THIS car is NOT his ORIGINAL car.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited September 2016
    Was Dave Fox's car a red '33 T8 convertible?  Because if so, I knew the fellow who bought it from Dave, maybe 15-20 years ago: Michael Kearney.  The car was in Northern Virginia for awhile, then Mike took it down to Florida and eventually sold it (I think).  So it either went to someone who then auctioned it, or it was sold directly to Mr. Newton.

Not a big deal, but this info might help fill in the blanks, so to speak, in the car's history.  Unless Mr. Newton aged rather quickly, he didn't buy this car at the age of 16!

Then again, maybe we're not talking about the same car!
  • After reading this thread yesterday, I went looking on You tube for this episode. They say, "full episodes" but lie to get you to look. No full episodes. I couldn't find it, but did watch some early Hudson footage with Emilia Airheart, christening the Terraplane.
This discussion has been closed.