1935 Hudson 8 coupe tail light pads

Trevor J
Trevor J Expert Adviser

Does anyone know of a source for 1935 Hudson 8 Tail light pads.

Thanks Trevor NZ

Comments

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Hey,
    Try Wildrick Rubber parts.

Jeff
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Here's their e-mail address: HETinfo@wrphet.com (delete the HET before sending
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

The coupe tail; lights are different to the sedans and Wildricks do not have them.

Thanks.

• bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    I haven't got to the tail light mounting stage with my 35 H8 roadster, but I'm thinking I'll cut pads out of 1/16" neoprene sheet.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited September 2016
    Have you tried Metro Moulded Rubber?  They do list some 'thirties taillight pads but I'm not sure whether they're for coupes or sedans.

Here is the taillight pad they list for the 1935's.  Size is listed as 7-3/4" long X 2-9/16" wide.  Probably, if  Wildrick doesn't have it, Metro won't either, since people are probably only repo-ing stuff to fit the higher-production sedans.

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited September 2016
    If you want/ HAVE TO to cast your own, go here for youtube videos, books, supplies. Not as hard as you might think. Also McMaster-Carr has the material. Or buy a flat sheet, cut and use without the bead !! Another thing: you can use black fender welting, pie cut curves and use; will look like bead. Remember that solid rubber black fender welting is made.
    >>>   https://www.google.com/#q=casting+rubber+parts  
  • Might want to look at the 1/8" bead welting
    >> http://fenderwelting.com/black-rubber-fender-welting
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Trevor, look at the '38.  I used black closed-cell foam for these (could have done a neater job I know)..  this squashes down and seals well, and if trimmed closely will do the job if you can't find  the proper thing.  I can send you some of the material  if you want.
    Geoff 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Thanks for your replies. I actually visited Wildricks on a recent USA visit they were great to deal with but alas no tail light pads.

I will be able to make some but always nice to have the correct thing.

Thanks Trevor NZ

This discussion has been closed.