Know it all's

Hudsonrules
Hudsonrules Senior Contributor

Saw a Hudson step down sitting in a bunch of rusty old cars and trucks. It had a for sale sign. Actually, it is a rusty '49 Commodore. So rusty, the doors will not open and the hood is stuck partialy open. Of course the car looks like it had been underwater for a long time.  The owner of all this junk informed me the car was for sale and that it was a '53 Hudson Hornet.  I told him it was a '49 Hudson, origionaly and * as I could see the emblem on the dash. He told me I did not know what I as talking about. I replied that I have owned and driven Hudsons fo over fifty years and know about them.  He still insisted I did not know what I was talking about. Of course no tittle and way overpriced. Where do these idiots, or know it all's come from?

Comments

• It's a common misconception that any Hudson must be a Hornet. Heck, I have had people (as recently as last weekend) ask if our '47 C-6 is a Hornet. Not even close.....I simply try to educate them a bit and leave it at that. If they give a s**t, they'll find out for themselves. Don't let it get to ya.

In an attempt to rationalize, I just tell myself that he/she probably knows a bunch about something that I don't......fat chance, but it calms me.

F

• hudsonrules, Don't bother to try to talk sense to idiots. They're more experienced in idiocy than you and will beat you every time. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    ...sign of the times. Many of our neighbors get their "expertise" on all subjects from Google or a friend who has a smart phone characteristically this will galvanize the persona and any debate of the authenticity of the blowhard's spouting automatically hits the... BS, you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground. Same person is likely to call you a racist on other topics. Sign of the times folks. My Hudsons are anything you want to call them... Tired of the blowhard blowback.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

"Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

• It was once said that it's possible to win an argument with an intelligent person, but never with a stupid one.

F

• Hehe trying to prove something is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will puff out its chest, prance around the board flinging the chess pieces around and then walk off crowing to anyone who would listen. You can never win a match with some people - so just smile and say " pity if it was a 49'er you'd have offered him twice as much as a 53" and just walked off cheers Ken
  • Ken U-Tx said:
    Been there, done that.  I just leave them to wallow in their idiot-ness....... Along with liberals, Obongo worshippers, etc.....
    Keep it clean, remember this is a HUDSON  ONLY FORUM.   .
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Often listening to a news broadcast there will be the lead in about a local Classic Car show.  I have dropped a note to several of the "spokespersons" going through the definition of a Classic, Collector and Antique car.  I have got thank you notes back; but, never has there been a retraction or correction and they continue to call all cars Classics.  However, last night the personality gave a lead in about the local British Car Club hosting an "all British Classic Car Show."  They only showed one car in the 40 second trailer and that was a 2016 Mustang (including the new car sticker in the window) and talked about how rare these British Classics are. I GIVE UP!!!
This discussion has been closed.