1952 Hudson Hornet horn button wiring problem

Greetings from Finland!
I have installed  steering columns and horn systems to several cars but this is first time when I don't understand how  the horn wiring and contact to horn button is working. I havn't found any figures about horn button assy with wiring.
I have a horn ring and some parts but don't know if something is missing . I attached a picture of parts what I have
Could someone tell how the wiring and contact to hornbutton would be. Maybe some pictures or figures.

Thanks
Jaakko Kuru

Comments

• https://goo.gl/photos/nHZqb8n2ardPXFS37

some photos of steering wheel removal and reinstall. Look at each photo with the comments. Might help.

>> 

• Jaakko, check your email.
  • Richard,
    thank you very much. Your pictures and Lance's email solved my problem.
    You both are very helpful, I think highly of you both!!
  • Lance said:
    Jaakko, check your email.
    Thank you Lance!. You helped me again to solve my problem!
  • devin, Ok here we go. First, The horn button pops off . You may try prying around the edge of the horn button ring but it pops off. Next, The contact strap must come in contact with the contact button. This strap is on the inner steering wheel . It is supported by a disc having two supporting tabs to keep the contact strap located where it should stay. The support disc is underneath a plastic ring which has 3 thin screws connecting the horn ring to the main steering wheel. The 3 screws should each contact a circular metal ring at the bottom of the clear plastic ring. The contact button must be isolated with a bakelite grommit surrounding the brass button and a spring immediately underneath the bakelite button head. The contact wire goes down the inner steering column and comes out at the bottom of the center hole of the steering box. From here it goes up to the horn relay. It should have a bullet terminal which should correspond the the bullet loop terminal on the horn relay. (I'm thinking it's the closest one to the firewall). If Y nZ didn't supply you with a new contact button horn wire ,just remove the old contact button and put it on a wire of your own making.
  • devin call me if you can . 704 792 911 zero.
This discussion has been closed.