Touch up paint?

Can anyone recommend a good supplier to order touch up paint?  I have various chips that I'd like to repair if possible.  I can easily order touch up paint for my modern cars, but not sure what to do with a 60+ year old car with a rare color!  I believe the color is called Pacific Blue Green.  Is there a place that specializes in touch up paint for these old cars?  Thanks.

Comments

• Go to a good auto paint store, SW,PPG, etc with a sample of the color: gas door, etc. They will do a spectrophotometer {spectrometer} to start with and will prepare a pint or so. Then the tech. will wipe some paint on the paint sample you brought and take it outside in the sun. He will then add whatever to make the match as good as he can.
    Note this depends on the meter (ask, if they don't have one, don't go there). And the paint man must be experienced and the best. If you know of local custom shops,call them and ask where the best paint tech works for matching old car paint.  There is no such thing of matching faded and old paint from a name. And you will pay for pint generally.  Good luck~~~

• Thanks for the advice, Richard.  Taking off the fuel door was a great idea.  I found a place that was able to "match" it for me (although I'm a bit skeptical because the computer picked a VW color as the match).  In any case, I was able to buy just 4oz for $5, so no big deal there.  I'll test it before I go crazy repairing chips.
This discussion has been closed.