'49 Nailhead Hudson

12346»

Comments

• My little ol town was covered in the sweet smell of Bogan(red neck?) perfume recently (tire smoke).
    The Waimate 50 NZs longest running street race was on for three days. Got to hand it to the drift boys – put on a wicked show.

Primed up the old Nailhead. was so easy. With in 30 seconds oil started dripping and after a min or two of constant oil pressure we left it at that.

Dropped the front seats back in – good old mexican blanket covers a world of horrors.

Front fenders on, fluids added and it was time to push the old gal out the door to get a few pics and then finally turn the key.
    Oh My Golly it was an exciting time I tells ya.

Sitting nice in low. Below is not even the lowest part of the car

With the chief garage cat supervising on. We turned the key…

engine turns.. oh so exciting ! the starter at least works and we have oil pressure!!!

Then after VRROOOMMM it starts! no messing about it just roars right up. no feking about with anything at all.
    Happy grins as the un-capped exhaust loudly roars.

….

hmm whats that I hear…
    Clunk! clunk! clunk!

engine off. Kinds sounded like down below.

hmm guess the crank weight was pointing up and wasn’t noticed when this was fabed up. bugger.
    Cat was about as impressed as I was.

With that culprit removed and confidence high we start again.
    tick tick tick….
    phuze nut! turn it off, shove some wet rags in the side pipe openings so we can hear better.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KNN_1E4qhxXvlvvJkmMiKFL15qixBPxu

Yip its ticking. cant seem to track it down and didnt want to leave engine running till we talked to engine builder. Drove it into the garage. Draining the oil.
    Builder says it could be the lifters. Doubts bottom end. But recommends we carry on with the Run In procedure. And see how it goes after.

Will pull the pan and have a look. Will pull the rocker covers as well and run my eye it all as well.

on the bright side… if it is lifters I can use it as an excuse to get a new cam ^.^