What's in the trunk of your car? Some rare convertible parts for sale here!

triman62
triman62 Member
edited July 2016 in HUDSON
Look inside this car, for a little surprise. Currently for sale, $1000.00 on ebay.imageimage

Comments

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I don't see any surprise. Just rust.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    I  think what you may mean is that there are a few Pacemaker convertible parts . The rear side window glides as well as the rear quarter window cranks and support plates. That steering column is also a short wheel base stepdown model. Good parts if you're doing a convert.
  • Lance, you are correct I don't see these kind of parts for sale often. This car is a lot more solid than my project car is. In the Midwest where I live rust is a everyday thing, with the rarity of convertibles I think this one could be saved. Of course that kind of challenge would not appeal to everyone.imageimage
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    triman62 , Thats the  way my Hornet convert  looked when I started it. I think Russell Chilton's was in about the same state as well. Lots of time and patience and oh yeah money.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Just what I need! Please talk me out of it Russell !
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Paul LARGETYPE Schuster's started like that
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    I THINK THIS CAR IS VERY SAVABLE IT IS FAR BETTER THAN MY 50 PACEMAKER THAT I DID 15 YEARS AGO 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Today it is possible to resurrect a Stepdown even with lots of rust. A new friend bought my rusty 54SW Hollywood and despite the terminal appearance has recovered all the rusted areas with new metal. Restore that Convert or pass it to someone who will!
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited July 2016
    Car is on eBay right now with 24 days left, buy it now $1000.00 or best offer, located in Texarkana Arkansas. Search for 1951 Hudson parts car and it should come up, will not show up on Hudson in cars and trucks search. As much as I want to do this project I just have to pass it on right now I hope someone saves this car somehow.

• Here is a picture of the VIN, there are several other pics in the ad also.image
    p.jpg 333.6K
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Much of the rare top pieces appear to be in place. These should pice convert restorers interest. There are cowls available to fix that tree smash too.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    You don't need it, Dave!
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor

'52 Hollywood in So. California , maybe to good to make into a Convert. ???????????

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5686317990.html

• triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited July 2016
    Is that a overdrive behind the trans case on this picture? I have never actually seen one.image
    s.jpg 484.4K
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Tin man this is a 52-54 3 spd w/OD image
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Umm,  trans pictured is a 48-early 52 single lever with overdrive.  Visually the same as 1941-47.
    O.D. portion is very similar for the 52-54 era.

"Ric"
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Pictures of a 48-early 52 Hudson Stepdown single lever with Cable shift transmission with ODimageimageimageimage
  • Thanks for pictures and information, I am not to that stage of my project yet so I haven't pulled my engine and trans yet. I will be taking a look now to see if I have an overdrive on my donor car.
This discussion has been closed.