***Wanted*** Looking for a 1934 Terraplane Grill Shell

looking for any condition please contact me at dkm@telus.net Thanks for looking. 

Comments

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    So you are looking for only the sheet metal outer shell?   Same as '34 Hudson and '35 Terraplane commercial cars.

• I'm looking for the shell and insert if possible. Shell for sure, I believe I can make the insert if needed. 
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    I HAVE ONE HANGING IN MY SHOP IT HAS SOME ROT AT THE BOTTOM I WILL TAKE A PHOTO AND POST IT LATER TODAY 
  • Sounds great. definitely interested !!!!
  • Hi , I was just wondering if you had a chance to get any pictures of the 34 Terraplane Grill ?? If so could you please E mail me at dkm@telus.net Thanks for your time . 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

If you get really desperate I have one in NewZealand hanging on the wall but shipping would not be cheap.

I can take a photo if you want.

Trevor NZ

• Absolutely. Very interested. Luck has it I have a buddy that ships me grape harvester parts from Gisborne , Auckland and Christchurch. So we might be able to make a deal. What condition would it be in and how much would you be asking for it?  please E mail me at dkm@telus.net . Thanks so much for your help.   
  • Oh sorry Trevor, I'm in Canada, if it matters. 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Actually Now I am a little embarrassed I have just figured out as I am uploading these pics it is actually for a 35 Terraplane.

I have a friend in Dunedin who may have a 34 nose cone I could ask him and I could ask about the club in NZ.

Canada is no problem to me.

Regards Trevor

• oh to bad !!!  If you could talk to your friend about the 34 that would be excellent. Thanks 
  • What would you be asking for your grill ? 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

To be honest I have no Idea of its value but obviously no good to you being a 35.  I don't want to sell the mascot pictured on the tool box at this stage I am going to use it on my 35 8 coupe in the meantime until I get the correct one sorted.

Trevor

• Hi Trevor,  the first comment from  StillOutThere  says that the outer shell is the same on the 34-35. If so i might be interested depending on price and where in NZ its located. My guy lives in Gisborne but travels the north and south islands repairing grape harvesters before and during the harvest season. Maybe we can make a deal of some kind ? Thanks for your help with my adventure to locate one. Dave   
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    34/35 are not interchangeable.
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    Please note that he says "Same as '34 Hudson and '35 Terraplane commercial cars."  ...commercial cars.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Mike Paul in Auckland reproduces & sells a mascot which looks similar. I think it's from an Essex.
    Trevor J said:

To be honest I have no Idea of its value but obviously no good to you being a 35.  I don't want to sell the mascot pictured on the tool box at this stage I am going to use it on my 35 8 coupe in the meantime until I get the correct one sorted.

Trevor

• My Apologies everyone. My bad !! I miss understood what StillOutThere meant. I thought they were the same outer shell with a different insert for 1935. 

This discussion has been closed.