Looking to buy Hudson or Terraplane Pickup

Prefer a pretty stock original driver type truck, although it can need brakes, tires and some other work.  An old restoration or original truck would be perfect.  Will consider some deviation from stock as long as it pretty much still looks mostly stock.  
You can email me direct at randyshotrods@yahoo.com
or call if you prefer 518-623-3650
I'm in Upstate NY but will consider trucks from all over the US.

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

email me cramerlp@roadrunner.com

I'm the club registrar and know where most of them are.

I'm also in upstate NY  tell me where you are

• I'm in Lake George. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Sacandaga Lake here
  • You are real close.  You never know as most people consider anything north of the City Upstate. 
    Is there anything in the area you know of? 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited June 2016
    There's one in his driveway!  But he uses it to haul trash to the dump!
  • I've got a 3100 series 49 Chevy pickup he could use instead. ;)
  • Uncle Josh
    edited June 2016

I've got another one in the shed that needs fixing up but I'm not ready to sell it yet.  email me and I'll see what I can find.

BTW, the Chivvy couldn't handle what I haul on this.

• tractor
    tractor Member
    edited June 2016
    I have a modified project for sale. Located in California
  • Any more leads?  Still waiting on info on a couple. 
  • There is one in hemmings in California price tag 140k
  • That's a bit steep regardless of how nice it is.  There is a beautiful 39 Studebaker coupe express fro 35,000.  Not a Hudson but that;s alot cheaper.  Seems really nice ones can be had at 50 or less.  I have even seen very nice Terraplane pickups under 50. 
    I'm actually going to look at a big boy this weekend.  I'll keep my fingers crossed. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I assume you've checked out the two '47's for sale in the latest WTN?  Chicago and Frisco?
  • What's the WTN? 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Oops!  You're not aware of the Hudson club?  That's the White Triangle News, the Club magazine, which often has trucks shown, for sale.  You might want to join, if only to find your pickup truck and get technical advice (and parts) for your first year or so, of ownership!   (Here's a link to the homepage: http://www.hetclub.org/
  • I was aware of the club.  My problem is too many interests.  I'm very active on the AACA site (same username)
    That kind of engulfs a bunch of makes. I barely have enough time to keep up with that much less join a bunch more. (I'm having trouble just keeping track of all the passwords and usernames.  I've had vettes, I have a 36 Cord so I joined the ACD but that lapsed, old Fords, 57 Tbird.  Just too much to keep track of.  If I really get into Hudsons,  maybe I'll join.  I just figured the best place to find a Hudson pickup would be on a Hudson Website.
  • What Pickups are for sale in it ?  If you don't mind me asking.
  • I have one to go look at this weekend and quite possibly buy but I want to make sure I'm buying the best truck. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Will PM you with some info.
This discussion has been closed.