Need a carb for my 1954 Hudson Hornet Twin-H coupe

Browniepetersen
Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
I have the unit back on the car and have it drivable and on the road.  The front carb is a bit shakley because it need major work to rebuild it.  I would like to find an extra carb (rebuilt or rebuildable) to swap out mine and keep it for an extra.  The number on the carb is 146-69.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Carb sheet for Twin H attached... Carb for 54 is WA-1 2113S Check my page for more info as well as this link http://www.carburetion.com/CarbNumber.asp?Number=2113S
  • Browniepetersen

That is what it looks like...  I guess I am looking in the wrong place for the number.  Where is it located?

• Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

The number is on a brass tag located on the carb.  usually on one of the bowl screws.  it sounds like you are looking at the casting number on the iron bottom of the carb.  That number does not tell you what you need to know.  the bottom line is the internals of the carbs must match.  if they don't it will never run right.

the only other way to tell is to take the carbs apart and look and compare numbers on the jets and metering rods.  you need a magnifying glass.

Jay

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Brownee the parts breakdown is on my website under fuel systems then select appropriate page
  • Browniepetersen
    The brass tag says it is a 968S.  Picked one up out of California today and should have it on the car mid week.  The car is running great but we are having a problem with the float.  "it leaks a bit?"
  • Browniepetersen
    Ken, this carb was really in rough shape when I started on it.  I am not sure, but I am thinking that it might have been in a fire at some time and then sand blasted to clean it up.  I will keep it around as shop art, but I think starting with a new core is the best way to go.
  • 50ClubCoupe
    50ClubCoupe Member
    edited June 2016
    Contact Paul Schuster....he just posted that he has 6 pairs of carbs, some are rebuildable cores.
This discussion has been closed.