33,34,35 HUDSON ARTILLERY WHEELS WITH 600X 16 TIRES

PAULARGETYPE
PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
edited June 2016 in Parts & Pieces
I'VE HAD THESE A FEW MONTHS NOW AND HAVE DECIDED I'M NOT GOING TO USE THEM IF SOME ONE IS INTERESTED I CAN BRING THEM TO THE NATIONAL MEET MAKE NE AND OFFER 

Comments

•  I am restoring a 35 Terraplane myself. I will not make it to the National Meet. I would be interested in the wheels if it would be cost effective to ship them to Cresson Texas. 
     Thanks Leon 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Leon are you a member of either Texas chapter? If not may I invite you? Our south Texas chapter page is here http://www.south-texas-hudson.org/ Membership application available on the the site.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    LEON IF WE COULD FIND SOME ONE GOING TO THE NATIONAL FROM YOUR AREA THE SHIPPING WOULD BE VER REASONABLE I'D LIKE $50 A WHEEL AND $50 PER TIRE $400 TOTAL THE TIRES ARE LIKE NEW I WENT TO WHIDE WHITES AND HAD EXTRA WHEELS 
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Paul, the wheels may not fit a '35 Terraplane. I could be wrong, but I thought the wood wheels were 5 hole, for the l.w.b. Hudson.   "35 T has four-hole wheels.
    Geoff
  • PAULARGETYPE
    MY 34 116 WB SEDAN IS A HUDSON AND IT TAKES 16 INCH 4 BOLT WHEELS MOST TERRAPLANES CAME WITH 17 INCH THE OPTION WAS 16 INCH THE REAL BIG 122  WB CARS WERE 5 BOLT AS WERE MOST TRUCKS 
  • PAULARGETYPE
    THE WHEELS I'M SELLING ARE 16 INCH 4 BOLT THE TIRES ARE 600 X16 
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Most Terraplane export wheels were 17".  Most domestic Terraplane wheels were 16" except commercial vehicless.  There were no artillery wheels for Terraplanes in 1933.  All '33-35 Terraplane wheels are 4 bolt.  The 16" wire wheels were standard on '33 Terraplanes and optional on '34 Terraplanes and unavailable for '35 Terraplanes.  The '34 Terraplane and Hudson 4 bolt artillery wheels are a different center stamping than the '35 Terraplane and Hudson wheels. 
    The only 5 bolt wheels on '34 and '35 Hudsons (N/A Terra) were the wood spoke type that were part of the package for the larger Kelsey-Hayes brakes.
    Until a picture is posted of the wheels under discussion, we can't tell if they are '34 or '35 wheels from everything I can gather above.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    I HAVE PHOTOS OF THE WHEELS AND TIRES IF SOME ONE IS INTERESTED I CAN EMAIL THEM TO ALL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THEM THE TIRES ARE 600X 16  MY EMAIL IS HETHUDSON1957@AOL.COM PLEASE REMOVE THE HET FROM THE EMAIL ADDRESS IT'S JUST THERE TO KEEP AWAY THE SPAM BUGS 
  • Per
    Per Member
    My long wheelbase '35 Hudson has 5 bolt wood spoke wheels. I didn't realize that some '35 Hudsons have 4 bolt wheels. At meets, people open their hoods, but they usually don't remove their hubcaps!
This discussion has been closed.