Tips for using American Autowire Highway 15 Wiring Harness Kit

ShaneStone1964
edited April 2016 in HUDSON
Recently bit the bullet and decided to install a new wiring harness in our '53 Hornet. We recently bought this beauty so our prior knowledge of work is limited. The last restoration/major work was done in the '90s. It was converted from 6V to 12V at that time. Chasing down a couple of electrical issues, we found that the wiring was a mass of spaghetti. There were wires left dangling with loose ends, un-terminated ends, electrical taped splices, skinned and missing insulation, etc. We know that most interior and exterior lights worked recently. The clock and radio were not working and appear to have not been connected when I removed them this past weekend. They may not have been working, but I know they are 6V equipment and the previous restorer may have just left them disconnected. I'd like to try and get them hooked back up, if possible. I've read a couple of posts here regarding cleaning and maintaining the clock and will undertake that chore along with the new wiring. I'm looking for advise on reconnecting the clock and radio. I'm also looking for any advice on this wiring harness package in general from those of you who have used it.

Thanks in advance!

shane
This discussion has been closed.