ISO: 1942 Truck Lower Hood Ornament

TwoFortyTwos
TwoFortyTwos Member
edited March 2016 in HUDSON
I am in search of the hood ornament below in the red rectangle. It would be for a 1942 Hudson 1/2 ton Pickup. I would be ecstatic if anyone had one they would part with or had info where to get one. I have been watching ebay and craigslist for a while to no avail. I appreciate any effort to help locate one. Thank you.

Here are a couple pics:

imageimage

Comments

• Thanks Lee ODell for the contact. Although, they did not have any extras. I am giving this a bump to see if anyone else out there might have an idea where one might be. Also, in search of the metal behind the bumper and connects to the fenders on 42's, pic below of what I am talking about. It's actual two pieces, right and left that connect in the middle, I believe. Thanks in advance!
  • allan
    allan Member

I think the chrome is on EBAY now.  The bumper pans are the same as 46/47 though you will have to drill the moulding holes.  Andy Menard who bought Frank Dhuly's parts has those.

Allan

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The ornament is indeed on ebayimage
  • Thank you guys! Why this did not come up in my normal search on ebay, I do not know!? The only bummer thing is that this is '41 chrome, darn it. The search continues...

Thanks Allan, I will look him up! I thought that the 46/47 looked very similar, nice to hear that only drilling mounts for molding is difference.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.