Clutch cross shaft and carrier is worn

I know I remember seeing a fix for the wallowed out hole in the carrier with a bearing inserted.  I can't find it now.   Ken Cates, maybe?   Doug?  The one on my 50 definitely needs some attention.   

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Keith- the repair is shown on my website hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/
  • Thanks so much for posting this mod, fellas.   It looks very worthwhile and I think I'm going to use it.  The shaft looks pretty good but the bracket frame hole is all wallowed out, creating a lot of binding in the the shaft.
    One question: Is the oilite bushing flush with each side of the bracket or is it flanged on one side?  Certainly plenty of room for a flange to clear.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I gotta figure out how to remove the broken--off bolt that the previous owner broke off that attaches the frame bracket to the cross member.   All the work (cleaning and painting) I did while sitting inside the vacant engine bay, and I never noticed the broken bolt and the lousy broken weld he had tried to perform while it looks like he was out under the car in a wind storm.  
    At this point, I think I may just yank the engine and get in there and drill and tap it out.   Sigh.   I'm getting really good at removing and reinserting the eight in this car...k
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.