Recommendations for a 'Metalsmith'? - East Coast (Mid-Atlantic)

46HudsonPU
46HudsonPU Administrator
edited March 2016 in HUDSON

Am looking for a professional (reputable shop or individual) for metal work on body components of my old truck(s) - mainly repairing/replacing rusted metal, along with some fabrication (as necessary). 

Posting this here, as I am looking for recommendations from fellow enthusiasts -

The closer to Baltimore/Washington DC, the better - however my primary consideration is the quality of the work done.

(Maryland, Pennsylvania (southern part of state), West Virginia (eastern part of state), Delaware, Virginia (northeastern part of state), etc..  You get the 'drift'...

Please post names (individual/business), phone number, email address, address, website, etc..  If you have concerns about doing that in a public venue, just 'PM' me.

Any/All recommendations are appreciated -

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Here you go.  Leroy is a renowned metal worker for Studebaker panels.  I am not sure he will do Hudson stuff but you can ask.  He is quite good and all parts are basically made by hand.  

Leroy Cary
    Cary's Fabricating Service
    5270 Dennisville Rd.
    Amelia va. 23002 
    bakermaker@tds.net
    804-561-3526

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I've had work done (over the years) by Vintage Motorcar Company in Inwood, West Virginia, just north of Winchester, Va. That's a restoration company, not just a body shop.  I've been impressed by their body work (you can take a look at the front fenders on my '37 to see the results).  I can't categorically state that they are "better than" this or that company, but if you're checking out potential body shops, you should certainly include them.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Jon B said:
    I've had work done (over the years) by Vintage Motorcar Company in Inwood, West Virginia, just north of Winchester, Va. That's a restoration company, not just a body shop.  I've been impressed by their body work (you can take a look at the front fenders on my '37 to see the results).  I can't categorically state that they are "better than" this or that company, but if you're checking out potential body shops, you should certainly include them.

Jon - Isn't that the place the CBC held a 'Tech Session' a few years ago?

• John Zinn in Littlestown Pa. About 35 miles north of Balt.(Hanover Pa.area)  He did my 33 Terraplane Coupe, Bill Jennings 33 Terraplane 8 convertible, and Andrew Fultons 1922 Essex touring. Very reasonable in cost, but a little slow as he works by himself, he is not a mud mechanic, but knows how to do hammer/dolly weork
  • jase
    jase Member
    I can HIGHLY recommend Jeff Hammers at Penn Dutch Restorations in Glen Rock PA. They redid the perimeter frame on my 50 Super 6, did an awesome job and were VERY reasonable price wise. 717-235-0688
This discussion has been closed.