51 Hornet Project. With pictures.

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I look forward to your pictures every day. You are doing amazing work!
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited June 2017
    I look forward to your pictures every day. You are doing amazing work!

Thanks for your comments, they really help to keep me going. I will continue to do what I can to repair this car, hoping that I am making some improvement. 
  • Here's a look at the other side of the roof, I think it will be a little easier to weld. 
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited June 2017
    The roof skin is now tacked enough for me to start  welding across the top. I hope this goes well, that is a very noticeable area of the car.
  • A lot of welding to do on the top, then on to final paint.imageimage
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Your doing great.  Keep it up. 
  • 33kc1989 said:
    Your doing great.  Keep it up. 

Thanks for comment. I am working on a brace to hold the roof in shape while I finish welding it. That should help move this project forward a little further.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017

I try not to get distracted from the Hornet Project but, I had an opportunity to buy a 46 Hudson Big Boy Pickup project. I am working on it at home just enough to get it ready for temporary storage. I still work on the Hornet every morning, It has a lot of welding left but I am making progress. I'll try to post some updated pictures soon.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    And I thought I liked challenges!  Good for you, taking your time and doing it right. 
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited August 2017

Getting real close to finish welding the top. Roof is getting stronger as I go, I think it will be ok when done.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Great Job!!!! Your doing fantastic work. Look forward to seeing the progress as you move along with it. Very inspiring. Keep at it.
  • FinnHudson
    FinnHudson Member
    edited August 2017
    Great work!!
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited August 2017

Val and FinnHudson, Thanks for Comments. I am determined to drive this car one day.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    At one time I had the entire coupe parts hanging in the rafters of my shop.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Almost done welding the top of the top, now on to the bottom of the top. I hope it goes a little faster.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    The bottom of the top, completing this area will let me finish painting the car and to move on to drivetrain, real motivation for getting it done.

• Triman, you are doing yeoman's work. You will, sooner than you think, be driving it! :) You've got the most important part of any major restoration down, that is to DO SOMETHING daily. Perseverance Furthers!! :) Keep up the great work, and please keep posting your progress. It is certainly inspiring to a lot of us.
  • Fantastic work!!! You will have it on the road in no time! Keep at it and keep posting the pictures of progress made. Great inspiration to those of us who haven't done work like that. Looking forward to seeing your finished product someday 
  • Jase and Val. Thanks for the encouraging words. They help a lot to keep me motivated and working on the Project. Preston-triman62
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Working everyday to get this project ready for paint.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Welding finally done, mostly anyway, going to move forward for now may have to revisit a few areas later. Got the roof primered today, been a long time coming. I think there will be some nice warm weather for painting coming up.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    I hope painting goes as well on the Hornet as the Big Boy.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Here's a picture of the Big Boy Pickup.
  • Triman62, you got skills!!! I am not a body guy by no means of the word. Keep it up and it is gonna come out great! The truck is very nice. Your work is an inspiration. 
  • Val, thanks for the kind words.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    What's going on here? Spent almost four years putting this car together and now its all in  pieces again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    At least I know where all the parts are at.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
  • Val
    Val Member
    Keep at it Triman62, and keep the photos coming.  It will be a fine car when your done
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    Had some good weather for painting this weekend, my goal was to paint and move on to the next step. I guess I will assemble and finish installing the grill and front bumper now.
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited October 2017
    While we're on the subject of blue Hudson's, here's a couple  more pictures of one that sold recently. I am going to try and post these pics from a different link.

This discussion has been closed.