Hydro Crossmember & Sill plate

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
FYI
I am looking to buy a Hydromatic Crossmember and a pair of used 2 Door aluminum Sill Plates decent enough for a driver.

Thank You,
             Chuck

Comments

• Chuck I've got a very decent hydramatic crossmember . What year 51-53 or a 54?  Got both. 704 792 9110.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Just curious Lance.. What is the difference for a  54?
  • Dave, A 54, for some reason is a bit narrower on the 'ears' than the earlier years. Don't know why. I didn't notice this until I had to use one to accomodate a hydramatic on a 51 I was installing. I was going nuts trying to figure out why the tranny would not slip quietly onto the cross member.  I later checked the parts book and sure enough there are two different part numbers for the 51-3 hydramatic and the 54 hydramatic. When I went upstairs and got another hydramatic crossmember it slipped right in . No problem. When I later did a side by side comparison you could see the 54 was a slight  bit narrower on the 'ears' than the earlier ones.  Weird.
  • No Ken, This was a GM hydramatic. I know what you mean about the Borg cross member on a 54 but this was a GM hydramatic. There is a separate Hudson part number  for in in 54 only.Check it out in the parts book.
  • Ol racer
    Lance said:
    Chuck I've got a very decent hydramatic crossmember . What year 51-53 or a 54?  Got both. 704 792 9110.
    Lance,
    Its a '51 long WB Hydromatic, not BW.. I will give you a call. What is the best time to reach you.
    Thank's Chuck
  • Chuck, Best time is late morning . L.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator

Chuck, I have decent door sills for you

• Ol racer
    Dave,

Thats Great., Let me know what you want for them here or cv.cars@verizon,net

Thank You,
                                                                                               Chuck
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Chuck, I sent you email
This discussion has been closed.