Heidi Hetzer places "Hudo" (1930 Hudson) into Lima Car Museum

Heidi and her 1930 Hudson are currently in Lima, Peru. 

Heidi has been notified that she has cancer.

She is in transit back to Germany for treatment by plane

As she is unsure how long it will be, "Hudo" is kindly housed in the Museo de Autos Antiguos Colección Nicolini. 

Comments

• Oh, what a shame!   Hope she gets proper treatment quickly and it is just a setback.  
    Not many people can say they went down doing what they wanted to do!...k
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    She has every intention of returning to her South American adventure after surgery, and anyone who knows her, knows she probably will!
  • I am very sad to hear it. It was nice to see Heidi and Hudo at Hershey, and GREAT to see Jon! I hope she gets well soon.
  • BTW, meant to ask before. Does anyone know if 'Hetzer' is her real name or a pseudonym? It basically means 'trouble-maker / rabble-rouser / someone who won't lie down and go quietly' in German, and I was wondering if she had picked it as a pseudo because it seemed appropriate for her character (it certainly is - I can't imagine what could beat her, but I wouldn't lay any money on the cancer managing!).

There was a self-propelled gun / tank destroyer in WW2 called the Hetzer, as well.
  • Interesting - I know it can also be a family name, but I was wondering if it was her actual name, or the 'Spitzname der Hudsonfreunde für diese Frau', as it seems so appropriate...
  • :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Met her in Hershey.   She is quite a woman, I wish her well.
  • Heidi spent a night & a day at our home in Fl.. What a wonderful Lady, even helped me work on my '53 Hornet.We wish her the best. We pray she will be as good as new.Ruth & bob H.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    She called in and had a meal with our family as well. I hope she looks at alternative treatments as well. The stress she was under would ahve contributed to her problems. Barry
This discussion has been closed.