Rear Brake Hose Number

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
I can't seem to find a good number for the stepdown rear hose. At least one I can buy!  CarQuest  number I have is BHA11149 Has 3.8"24 male and 3/8"24 female ends 14&3/4 inches long .That is what the one on the car is.  An inch one way or another wouldn't matter.

Comments

• Dave try NAPA  11149 or 36794 or .  Dorman H19015
  • SuperDave
    Thanks Lance, I had those numbers too. I accidently left one word out of my request.." Local". No one has 'em in stock and have to order and take a week to get them. I guess it's the times. Cars that use those kinds of parts are not profitable to stock parts for. I had hopes that there was a current part available.  So one is on order...
  • SuperDave
    The only store I didn't try!   Heck I'll buy another one if they can get it sooner than next week! Oh by the way I found an EIS number.. EIS786.. I haven't seen any EIS products in the local stores in years.
  • SuperDave

The last time I went to an Oreilly's was in Rockledge Fl..For a modern car part. They were not only unfriendly..no help.. They acted like they didn't care either...I went to Oreilly's in Melbourne this AM. All together different attitude!  They will have it tomorrow morning. Every one else, Napa, CARQUEST, AutoZone and a couple Mom and Pop stores would take a week or more!

That hose fits a bunch of AMC cars up to 1970

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited January 2016

Option is to go stainless steel and get harder pedal. Most any large hydraulic hose fabricator can make these up while you wait. But you must take your old hose to exactly duplicate. If concerned with the appearance of the braided stainless steel, you can use heat shrink electrical tubing to cover in black. You will have a much 'harder' pedal to convert; especially good with disk brakes in front.

These businesses are generally in medium sized cities. Below is one I checked out in NC.

>>>>   http://www.alliancehtw.com/page4.html

• Although not a local source and you have to wait a few days, sometimes RockAuto.com is a good place for older part numbers at great prices. I noticed they list the Napa/United 36794 hose for $4.86 and the Raybestos BH19015 hose for $3.79.  These are both "wholesaler closeouts". Use the part number search section, you never know what might show up as a wholesaler closeout. If you enter 3994463424413975 in the 'How did you hear about us"  box on the shopping cart you will save 5%.  I've bought parts from Rock Auto for years and never had any problems.

This discussion has been closed.