Traveling Las Vegas to Palm Springs

ken1962ken1962 Posts: 236Member
Hi all,we are hiring a car in Las Vegas and dropping car off in Palm Springs 10 days later... Can anyone foresee any problems traveling through several states in Sth West and are companies such as Exprdia reliable when booking a rental car We need to get from Vegas to Palm Springs and welcome recommendations from fellow Hudson members. We want to hire a car for 10 days - any recommendations We are traveling in May 2016 many thanks cheers ken 1936 Terraplane

Comments

• BrowniepetersenBrowniepetersen Posts: 3,045Senior Contributor
    Ken, I expect by Palm Springs you mean California?  That is a very short one day drive from Vegas so I expect your trip will be various sites in the southwest.  As long as you use one of the standard rental car companies (i.e., Hertz, Dollar, Avis, Etc.) you should not have any problems.  They have outlets anywhere you plan to visit.  Now, then again if you tell us the states you plan to visit we can fill you in on where to stay and what to see.  All in all, it should be a good vacation. 
  • Hudson GrandpaHudson Grandpa Posts: 393Expert Adviser
    No Expedia  Either Hertz, National, or Avis.  The three leading car rental companys.  Boulder Hiway 95 to Needles, 95 to Blythe Hiway 10 Westbound to Indio/ Palm Springs. Unless theres something shorter than that.  Great scenery all the way..
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 816Senior Contributor
    Hey Ken,
    I have always had good experiences and quality cars from Enterprise Rentals.
    Check with your auto insurance company to see if you are covered on a rental, that way you can 
    skip the spendy ;'complete coverage' they offer!
    Good luck,
    Jeff
  • RonSRonS Posts: 790Senior Contributor
    Hey guys, is I -10 open again? Most of us know about the bridge collapse on the west bound I-10 before Indio.
  • Lee ODellLee ODell Posts: 2,700Senior Contributor
    No Expedia. They screwed up our reservation for Hudson Meet. When I finely got ahold of them to make correction they were going to charge a higher rate. Dropped them forever. And I can not get them to stop sending advertising. Getting 2-3-4 messages a day from them. That was over a year ago. What a pest. Lee O'Dell