How many '54 Hollywoods?

54Hollywood
54Hollywood Senior Contributor
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I came across a posting on the Hudson Facebook page from a member who recalled a statement that 2136 Hollywoods were built in 1954.  He said that figure came from the 2010 Spokane National Meet Catalog and he was trying to find a copy to verify it.  So far no luck.  Since we own a '54 Hollywood, I've always been curious about how many were made but I also know that Hudson didn't keep great records back then.  So if anyone can verify this, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Tim in WI. 

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    According to Sarah's site, 1,263 were produced.  However, the HLWYD and CV #'s have always been approximates, or educated guesses.  

Having said that, in Jack Miller's excellent article in the WTN many years ago, it was stated (doing this from memory) that is was a "fact" that 222 (I think) '54 Convertibles were made.  

Good subject for debate. 
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Super Wasp Hollywoods and / or Hornet Hollywoods

???
  • RL Chilton
    All models combined.  
  • flyntgr
    flyntgr Member
    edited July 2017
    How many 1954 Hornet hardtop Hollywoods were produced?
  • RL Chilton
    See comment above.  
  • 54Hollywood
    54Hollywood Senior Contributor
    I see this thread has been restarted so let me update some information for you.  After finally registering our '54 Hollwood and having a very nice chat with Bob Hoyle in the process, I asked him how many Hollywoods were built in '54.  He stated unequivocally that Hudson built 2,654 Hollywoods in '54.  I thought that was a high number but he is positive that it is correct.  And that's my 2 cents.

Tim  in WI. 
This discussion has been closed.