1935 Hudson 2 Door Touring Brougham

Hi All. I am trying to sell my mother-in-laws Hudson 'project' that was started by her late husband in the early 60's. It has been in storage since the mid-60's. Here is the Ebay link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-/201462712374?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee81d0836:g:Vf4AAOSw7hRWPPoC&item=201462712374

Let me know if you have questions. Thanks!

-Jeff

Comments

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    A lot of potential there in an uncommon model and body combination.   This would have been a Hudson Six and almost all of that market bought the comparable Terraplane with slightly less wheelbase and lower cost.
  • I might be looking at the wrong ID plate but the Car No. is 54502  which I thought meant it was a "Special Eight". I have included pics of both plates off of car. I can't make out what the other plate is for but it has the number 6157767 on it.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Where are the plates located?  Looks like the same style of plate. 

If the car was "pieced" together over the years,maybe one of its transplant body panels came from a "donor" car of a year in which the normal location of the number plate happened to be located on that particular donated panel.  However, the year your car was built, the normal plate location might have been moved to a new place.  So....there was already a plate on your car when the transplant arrived with its own number plate, with a conflicting body number.

• As far as I know it has been a been a complete car since it was purchased by my father in law in the mid 50's. I will attach pictures of each plate, may be someone will recognize them. Thanks for all of the input!
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    In the ebay photos there are a couple of engine bay shots showing 2 sets of front engine mounts. Are the rear set of mounts how the factory fitted a six into the 8 cylinder chassis?
    A lot of potential there in an uncommon model and body combination.   This would have been a Hudson Six and almost all of that market bought the comparable Terraplane with slightly less wheelbase and lower cost.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Do you know from where on the body the two plates came?  If they were loose, it would be a simple matter of finding 4 holes and lining up the plates to see which one has the matching hole pattern.

Someone with one of these cars could then tell you where the actual plate should have been located, that year.

One would assume that the plate in the "right" location, would be the authentic one.  Possibly a previous owner screwed the other plate on, in another location.  But for what reason, it's hard to fathom.
This discussion has been closed.