look what came in the mail today.

I was looking at our local version of eBay, and saw this spanner, so seeing as how there was only one bid, I bid 21$, and won it, as other bidder never got back.
Small score, but cool I think.
I put a lighter next to it for scale, as it looked smaller in sales pic.

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    I came back to TradeMe a few mins too late. Glad it's gone to a Hudson per. Did you see the one on eBay at about US $75.00 - hopeful!!  (framerdave)

• Hardcase, I wondered if the other bidder was on here.
    Its in nice condition, but has been blasted and it looks like black etch primer.
    I have four hubcaps, so happy to get spanner.
    Two of the caps came from another Trade me score, a wooden farm trailer that was advertised as having a V8 Hudson front end under it. I bid $50, won it, and dragged it home. It was in great condition, but all wood, so could never be legal.
    I hauled out the axle, which I believed to be before 28, took both 37 Ford wheels off it, and it had the two Hudson hubcaps on it, as well as two rear Hudson leaf springs, which I didn't have with my 28.
    A quick call to Geoff Clark, and he informs me that twenties Hudson's have same rear leaf springs from 24 to 29, so I bolted them straight up to my chassis. They fit perfect, I shoulda gone brought a Lotto ticket that day, my luck was great.
    Ended up chopping up trailer for firewood.
This discussion has been closed.