Stabilizer links

JFromm
JFromm Senior Contributor
I ordered jet stabilizer links from advance auto. Yes,they were in their computer. The center spacer is about one quarter inch shorter than the original. Can I use them? Both NAPA and Advance told me that it would take forever to check every link they sold. That I understand. Does anyone have one that would work if the one I got from Advance can not be used?
Thanks,
John

Comments

• Are you referring to the Anti-sway bar links? The bar should be parallel with the road when still and the links will determine that. Should have my new ones for sale in about 1 week {53 Hornet}; plus the frame mounts.

• JFromm
    JFromm Senior Contributor
    Am referring to a part also known as sway bar links. There are two of them, one on each side. Jet links are probably different from hornet, but this I don't know.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    John
    Unless the original bolt and spacer are worn/very rusty it is ok to reuse them along with new bushings to keep the original angle if that is what you are after. 1/4 inch difference is not going to become a problem. It is when the length causes the link bushings not to be at right angles to the anti sway bar end, is when the link bushings wear out faster and link pins (bolts) bend or brake.
    Lee O'Dell
  • 48rob
    48rob Member
    Richard,

What are the sheet metal pieces for in your picture, air dams?

Rob
  • Air dams--the more air you get into the radiator the better, correct. This directs air up the 'slot' in the cross members? anyway. I have also used gorilla tape to close off bypass openings.

Also, an air pipe to the fuel pump. the one with the coil steel in it. if interested go here for all the stuff I have added> >  https://plus.google.com/photos/101895503406236284856/albums/5971153057530367985?banner=pwa 

• 48rob
    48rob Member
    Richard,

Thank you.
    I enjoyed looking through your album of upgrades!

Rob
This discussion has been closed.