International Shipping - Agentur TN?

scottcrow22scottcrow22 Posts: 146Member

Hi folks,

Anyone ever used Agentur TN to ship cars outside the US?  They are based in Germany I believe and trying to coordinate a deal on one of my cars.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Scott

Comments

• bob wardbob ward Posts: 1,051Senior Contributor
    From the seller's point of view, the process of selling a car overseas is little different to selling locally, but there are one or two extra tasks to fulfil. 

The title is an important piece of paper in the US car export process, Customs will generally refuse an export permit if the title is not in the hands of the US shipping agent. You will probably be asked to Fedex the title to the agent rather than leave it in the glovebox or hand it to the the car carrier.

You may be asked to make some shipping labels and tape them to the inside of the glass, the agent/buyer will give you the info for the labels.

If the car you are selling is a good one there is little else for you to do. If its a project, cleaning the leaves seeds spiders and webs out of the engine bay and elsewhere will ease the passage of the car through quarantine at the port of arrival.

The buyer will deposit funds into your nominated bank account and your bank will most probably charge you a fee for receiving that transfer.

The buyer makes all the transport arrangements, and looks after his own import regulations and charges, nothing for you to do there apart from cooordinate with the car transporter. Maybe take some photos of the car on the truck and email those to the buyer.

If you've done this before, my apologies for telling you how to suck eggs. I have no info on Agentur TN.

• Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Posts: 3,673Senior Contributor
         Scott, is the agent's name Martina Nowoczin, and her firm based in Oldenburg, De, in the north near Holland?

She is a broker who arranges the shipping......Her firm is not an actual shipping company, if that helps you any.