1942 Hudson pickup front fenders, 1942 grille wanted

I am in search of front fenders for a 1942 Hudson pickup. I would appreciate any help and info on any 42 pickup front fenders. If you know of just a left side or a right side, I would also be interested. Also, I am looking for a decent 1942 Hudson grille and the pan that is in front of the radiator. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Not sure if 46 is the same. I have a spare hood and fen
  • I read that my parts are the same as 42. I am located in ca
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    46 are completely different to 1942,nothing will fit between these models.
  • Huddy42, thanks for your input. I was under the impression that the front fenders would be interchangeable. Good to know.
  • So was I after reading another topic on 42 pickups. It said everything was interchangeable. Good to know
  • Tractor, if you were able to send a few photos of the fender, I would be interested to see what some differences might be.
  • allan
    allan Member

Actually, when you get down to brass tack, a long- wheel base 42 and a long- wheel base 46/47 will interchange.  The trouble is, just about all of the 42's produced where the short wheel base model and all of the 46/47's are long wheel base as the short wheel base was eliminated for 46.  Therefore, if you have a short model 42, you will not be able to use the long 46/47 stuff.  Huddy42 - do you agree with that assesment?

Allan

• Allan, I guess that makes sense. My truck is 116 in (short) wheel base, but I thought that all the length would be put in the bed and the front fenders would be the same. But, I am the newbie, I will trust you guys! :)
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor

Allan.

The fenders and grill are not interchangeable, completely different, I have a 21 series 1942 Hudson Brougham,  had 1946/7 Coupe until recently, without a fair bit of modification you may be able to get away using the 46/7 front fenders on the 1942, my experience is that all the 1942-1946/7 Hudson are the 121" wheelbase, except the 20 series 1942 which were 116", even then I would imagine the fenders would be the same as the 121".I have never seen a  116" short wheel base 1942 in Australia. I have had quite a few 1946/7 Hudson's over the years, if you google 1942 Hudson then 1946/7 you would see the difference in the grill  Have been around Hudson's in Australia for over 58 years. My first car was a 1940 Hudson ute which my father and late brother made out of a 1937 Hudson cab  married to  1940 front fenders etc etc. which we used in our Hudson spare parts shop.

• Hey all, still in need of a few parts for my 42 short wheel base pickup.

42 Hood emblem with Hudson emblem, I have the top "fin" with the notches, just need front emblem.

42 pickup doors

42 swb pickup front fenders

Anyone know where to get rubber for the swb pickup running boards?

Thanks for help.
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    the fenders you need will be off of any 1942 only model with running boards. does not matter if long wheelbase or short, or pickup and car with running board models. have done many 41/42 trucks, also part numbers in parts book back this up
  • Thanks bellbigdawg,

Learning so much from this forum, thanks everyone.

So, as well as parts mentioned above....

I am looking for "any" 42 front fenders that were on a model with running boards, part #'s are 203890 RH and 203891 LH.

The bonnet lower ornament part # I am looking for is 204870.

And I believe any 42 front doors from models with running boards.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.