Every One Likes Pictures right?

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
this is the 49 two door sedan project I have "resurrected" NO NOT restored. To borrow a phrase.. "Clabbered Up". It started out as a bare hulk.. wrecked and robbed of almost everything. All I got was a rolling body. Even the wheels were wrong. No stainless, No chrome, No interior.The car had been hit on the left side at the cowl. Then went through FOUR street rodders that either threw away or sold parts. There was ONE piece of copper wire in the car. I kept it as a souvenir. 18" ( from the fuel tank.) I now have 18 states that have contributed pieces and parts to make it whole.  The cowl was sectioned and the donor car was a rusted 51 sedan. Now has a '53 262 and a 54 HydraMatic. Much of the trim, bumper guards and such are what I could find and install. The right front fender was built from two fenders etc. The front seat came from Chris and his '50 Pacemaker parts car.The front floor pans were donated by my shop's washing machine that died. You get the picture.. it's a 50 footer for sure, but I can now drive it! Damn this is fun!

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Amazing job!
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Dave
    You need glasses if you think it is a 50 footer. You did a fantastic job. It is beautiful. Job well done. Anyone would be proud to own your car.
    Lee O'Dell
  • pseftoncomcastnet
    pseftoncomcastnet Senior Contributor
    Wow!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    Great Work Dave.. It came a long way and you should be proud...
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    An object lesson in what can be done and produce such a great car. 50 footer or not the key is that you can drive and enjoy it

Great job Dave!
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Nice job and sticktooitness !
  • SuperDave
    It would have taken less time and been more fun if I didn't have to do some things over and over!  Two steps forward and one back. Now to do the interior. headliner is in  and the door cards are made.
  • That's one nice-looking car, Dave.  Way to go!...k
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    Inspiring job, SuperDave. Now I know how you get your moniker!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's awesome Dave.  Lookin' really good.  What's the windshield wiper motor from? 
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    AWSOME 
  • SuperDave
    57 Chevy.  simple modification using the Hudson cable end off the old vacuum motor.. Just run a 12 volt line to the motor. The Hudson actuator cable is the same as Chevy. gives you two speeds. The Delco motors are expensive because of the originality. If you find an aftermarket one, they can be cheap.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Great job Super Dave!  I'm happy to have helped out with some trim pieces.
This discussion has been closed.