1928 Hudson Super Six Speedster.

Here's a start to showing what I have going on with this thing.
Its in a thousand parts at present, and an old 35 Chevy is taking up its space for now, but that's due to change, as soon as I get the engine hoist dropped off. 
The chassis is leaning against the wall for now, it needs some love, as some Southern gent, back in the 50s, or 60s, figured he'd use it for a stock car, so it saw enough track time, to take a good shunt in the bum, which of course bent the chassis a little.
The only part of the original body (Coupe) I have, is the cowl, and its to nice to cut up. I've considered building a homade cowl.
The engine looks nice, but its stuck, and I'm waiting to get it back between the rails, before sorting that.
I do not have nice wheels, the wood is rotten, and the rims arnt any better. I have four fronts, and two rear wheels, but I also have a spare set of 17 inch 34 Chevy wires, that will get used for now, just to make it a roller.
I'm even thinking I'll throw the 35 Chevy front Axel under it, the distance between leaf springs is the same as the Hudson, so it'll fit. Its just not as wide overall.
Pic time. The cowl is resting under my canoe, the engine is waiting to have its home renovated, so is on display, and I threw an old Stromberg on top of inlet manifold, for fun. No one realises it should be an updraft Marvel, as no one has ever seen one.
39 Terraplane hood is going to be used for the boat tail rear body section.
I'm calling this a Speedster. Hudson called their factory boat tails, Speed about, but this is no factory fresh car, just an attempt to save what's left of a once great Hudson product.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.