fram filter and Twin H emblem locations

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
Anyone have a picture for both emblem locations for stepdown Hudsons?

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited May 2015
    Kerry-

Twin H emblems were mounted at different locations, depending on dealer.  Some in the middle, some off to the side, even saw one in the rear valance.  On the filters (assuming oil filter?), there's one that wraps around the curve on the top and one that's centered on the side of the canister.  
  • Kdancy
    Ok, didn't know the twin h stickers were dealer installed !
  • RL Chilton
    My bad.  The chrome emblem on the decklid was what popped in my head.  Stickers:  Not positive, but I put them up about 30-degrees up from the horizontal and centered L to R on the air filters.  Kind of when you are standing in front of the engine the stickers will face you and you can see both clearly.  
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    In all my years of being around Hudsons, and working in my fathers dealership, I do not remember of installing the "Twin H" Chrome crest on a car that came from the factory with Twin H.  On our dealer installed Twin H setups, we simply placed the Twin H crest on the deck lid at the same position the factory used.  '52 & '53, centered over the trunk lid handle that housed the lock.  In '54, the Twin H crest was moved to the lower left of the trunk lid handle by the factory, and thus we also moved to the same position.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Kerry,

Here's what I did.  It shows the Twin-H and the Fram decal.

John

• Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

John,

Is that a speck of dust I see over there........no, no... over there? A little to the left. Yup, that one.

F

• RL Chilton
    Jerry-

I think y'all did it right, mimicking the Factory standards.  I posted what I did because recently (for example) I saw a '53 Superwasp with the emblem off to the side via the '54's.  Like most things Hudson, there always seems to be exceptions to the standard.  
  • RL Chilton
    That last post didn't post for some reason.  
  • Kdancy
    Excellent picture. Was this the 54 that was at the Natioanl meet in Gettysburg?
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited May 2015
    Kerry,

Yes it was.  As far as I know it's the only 54 sedan with a continental kit and Sun Shield sun visor.

Frank, it's not that clean anymore... it's a driver.

John
  • Another
  • Kdancy
    Richard, thanks. I also like the firewall mounted resivoir.
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

I apologize for the criticism......it turned out to be a speck on my monitor.

F

• super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser
    These are original Twin-H air cleaners.
  • cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser

Would there have been a fixture or do you think they just eyeballed them?

I've heard similar decals on GM cars from the 60's and 70's were pretty much just slapped on in approximate locations.

• Kerry, latest addition are the chrome acorn bolt covers for the cylinder head. It is a 1950's thing to me; have a bunch of  "50s add ons" on the car. Back in the day, we used to get stuff like this in catalogs from Honest Charley in Chattanooga or from Warshawsky (forerunner of JC Whitney), if you couldn't find it at Western Auto !!    All I am lacking is a flame thrower (as I used to have on a '39 Ford Coupe); but probably won't make that move. A T-Model coil box fired the sparkplug !!

{thought the thread had about run it's course-- so a tangent~}

Richard

• RichardD...love reading your posts. Interesting, informative, inciteful and usually an 'out-of-the-box' perspective. ty
  • onerare39 said:
    Kerry,

Here's what I did.  It shows the Twin-H and the Fram decal.

John

It's purrdee! Thanks for the picture, never seen one.
This discussion has been closed.