gmacp7941
gmacp7941 Member
edited April 2015 in HUDSON

Greetings.  I am Gerald MacPherson, living in Bangkok Thailand for the last 53 years.  After being subject to USArmy draft and sent to VN, I decided that Asia was the place to remain, and I see after all this time, thats what has happened.   When I was a teenager living in Seattle, I had a buddy that used to drive his dads stepdown, must have been a 53 or 54 Hornet.....I loved it.   A few years ago, I was lucky to be able to buy a 51 Hornet coupe that had been owned by an artist and motorcycle racer, name slips my mind, bought out of Oregon.  I painted it a green that I believe was original to Hudsons, sort of a "Kelvinator green" and its a honey that I drive regularily.  The I bought a 49 Super convert from Jim Barrington, California enthusiast,  that I am working on now.  Its painted black with red interior.  I love that dash.  And I'm without a good steering wheel.  I see on the parts section, a maker of steering wheels, I think he would be in Europe.  Maybe someone has used him.  I'd like some info on how to get hold of this gentleman.....in the meaning, I've met Cole over at WRP.  Has good rubber.  I have had to make a lot of small parts by hand, for the convertible top, but I'm getting there.  Love these oldies and have been obsessed with older cars since a teen in the 50s.  I have an assortment of 30 + cars, and its a good life for us car guys......hope to meet some of your enthusiasts in the near future..........best, Mac

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard Mac! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    You have 30 collector cars in Thailand?   Quite a collection.   You have the passion (as I prefer to call it;  "obsession" seems such a harsh word).   Enjoy !

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    We'd like to help you on the "maker of steering wheels" but have no idea what the "parts section" you refer to, is.  Can you elaborate?  Actually, I've seen very presentable steering wheels for sale at various Hudson flea markets, so chances are that some of the vendors who advertise in the WTN might have a decent used one for sale.  If you could obtain a photograph of the wheel you seek, you could send that photo in an e-mail (with a brief description) to some of those vendors, to see if they might be able to sell you one.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Mac,

Are you thinking it's Rob Fayette that was listed in the Member Products and Services listing in the White Triangle News?  He is from Bellingham, Washington.

John Forkner
This discussion has been closed.