MarioG
MarioG Member
edited April 2015 in HUDSON
Hello, my name is Mario. I am a new member to the HET club and I am currently searching for a 48-54 Hudson. I fell in love with these old cars after the first time I drove one (to prom) in high school.  I am now 30 and have finally gotten into a position where I can afford to pick up one of these old classics and I can't wait for the adventure to begin. I have had the opportunity to speak to some of the members to the HET club and I am really happy to have a chance to be a part of the group.

Thanks Mario G.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

Congratulations on joining the HET Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks here!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Mario
    The first Hudson I drove was a 54 Hornet and I will never forget that drive.
    What a car, I couldn't believe I was driving a car that was 56 years old the way it ran and drove.
    Good luck in finding your Hudson
  • DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    Welcome!
  • Val
    Val Member
    Welcome Mario!  This is a great place to find all the info you need. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, Mario!  If you're a new member of the HET you may already get the WTN, and be active at the HET website, so you may already know of some of the Hudson meets going on around the country.  However, there are many that are not advertised in either the magazine or on-line calendar, so if you could let us know where you're located, those of us who are from that area can tell you of the location and time of the next Hudson get-together near you.  It really helps to get around "physically" and meet people and see the cars.  If folks know you're in the market, they may be able to tell you of Hudsons that aren't necessarily advertised, but which may be on the market soon.  The best bargains are from people who are "thinning their herd" and getting rid of excess cars; these may be in excellent or even restored condition, and it's usually much cheaper to buy a perfectly decent ten year old restoration (that's been taken care of) than to sink tens of thousands of dollars (and a lot of your valuable time) into a ground-up restoration.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

Mario, what part of the country are you in?  Hemmings has a bunch of Hudsons for sale on line.  The club magazine has several.  Your WTN magazine will have several for sale. 

I have an old 49 I was going to sell cheap, but I looked at it today and it will take at least 6K and 3 yrs to put it on the road, if you do all the work yourself, and you can buy a good runner for that.  So I'm gonna scrap it out for parts. Super Six with some Commadore chrome.   It's the Wells Hudson Jon.

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Welcome Mario. You will find a lot of help on the forum.. Your dream car is out there. Good luck on your search.

Lee O'Dell
This discussion has been closed.