Introduction to the HET 'Open Forum' -

skagi
skagi Member
edited April 2015 in HUDSON
My name is Richard Hawley, Spokane, WA.  I am Past President of the Gem State Chapter of the HET Club from October 2012 to September 2014. I own a 1950 Hudson purchased in 2010 and it will always be known in this area as "Charlie Nau's car!" since he was the previous owner.  I actually seem to be in a loop trying to Introduce myself and don't really know if this is going to the correct Administrator.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

skagi

Richard - Welcome aboard! 

Thank you for introducing yourself.  I took the liberty of changing the title a bit, as this is the 'Open Forum', now hosted thru the HET Club website. 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.  

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, Richard, to the Open Forum.  You are now promoted to "full member" having passed the "writing test" (we know know you're not a "spam robot", LOL!)

By the way, you may already know that-- as an HET member -- you can join the HET website and have full privileges, which include not only access to a downloadable library of Hudson manuals, but also another HET web forum!  However, when you signed up for this Open Forum, that in itself does not get you into the HET website, just the Open Forum.  To join the HET website, click HOME at the top of this page, and then  when you get there, click on "CURRENT MEMBERS TRYING TO ACCESS THE SITE".

(HA!  I was trying to upgrade you to full membership and Rick had already done it!)
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    JON B:

WHY DO YOU DO THIS? "CURRENT MEMBERS TRYING TO ACCESS THE SITE".

THERE IS NO SUCH LINK IN THE OPEN FORUM AND FOR MANY THERE IS ENOUGH DIFFICULTY JUST GETTING INFORMATION WHEN THEY FIRST LOG IN

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Hi, Tom:

I'm just reminding Richard that -- if he's not yet a member of the entire H-E-T website -- how he can join.  (As an H-E-T member he would have access to all the bells & whistles here).  The way you do that, is to click HOME" in the menu at top of this page, then when you get to the home page you click the "CURRENT MEMBERS TRYING TO ACCESS THE SITE" link on the homepage.  That tells current H-E-T members the procedure for signing up for the webpage.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Okay.  I just signed out of this forum, went to Google, typed Hudson Open Forum, and selected the appropriate link.

When I get there, I do NOT see the HET Club "background" on this page.  Only the Open Forum.

Tom, would you please try clicking on this link?

http://www.hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1075

When you do, does it bring you to the Open Forum, with with giant photographs of Hudsons in the background?  If yes, then please note whether you are signed into the forum (if not, sign in).  Then, please bookmark this page in your computer.  Tomorrow when you want to return, you should be able to click on the bookmark, come to this forum, see the HET Club background, and not have to sign in.  At least that is how it works for me! 
  • TOM-WA-
    JON:

THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO DIFFERENT HET FORUMS....

THE ONE YOU USE : http://www.hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1075
    IS ONLY FULLY FUNCTIONAL IF YOU LOG IN AND EITHER ARE OR SIGN UP TO BE A HET CLUB MEMBER

THE OTHER  AND THE ONE THAT I USE AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS LOG INTO IS: http://openforum.hetclub.org/categories/hudson

THEREFORE UNLESS YOU BECOME A MEMBER THE PAGE THAT YOU USE AND CONSTANTLY REFER TO IS NOT THE SAME AS THE OPEN FORUM
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Tom:

Did you try clicking on  http://www.hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1075  ? 

(Whether or not you were signed in.)

• TOM-WA-
    JON

YES I DID AND AS I STATED IT'S ONLY USEFUL IF YOU ARE OR BECOME A MEMBER OF THE HET ORGANIZATION
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks, Tom.  I was anxious for someone to test that out.

This is quite confusing and here's why.  I signed out of both the "regular" HET forum, and this one (Open Forum).

Then I went to Google and typed in "Hudson Open Forum".  I followed the link there (of course, I was no longer signed into either forum), and got exactly what you see, Tom.  Just the Open Forum alone, not surrounded by the Hudson website photos or drop down menus.

Okay, then I closed the Open Forum and clicked on the link http://www.hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1075  which I had conveniently copy/pasted to a blank e-mail form in my e-mail program.

This took me to the Open Forum WITH the HET webpage design surrounding it.  Even though I was signed in to neither the Open Forum nor the HET Forum!

So....go figure.
  • TOM-WA-
    JON:

UNLESS YOU CLEAR YOUR COOKIES YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REGISTED WITH THE CLUB HET SITE EVEN IF YOU LOG OUT
This discussion has been closed.