Mufflers

51Hudson
51Hudson Senior Contributor
Hello all,
This past weekend was the first time I got my Hudson out for the season. It feels good to drive her again but one thing I noticed is that the muffler seems to be a little louder and have a drone noise to it while driving. The rest of the exhaust seems to be in good shape so I just want to replace the muffler. Does anyone have a part number on a muffler that will work with my 51 Super six? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    You can look for  try Maremont 151139, Walker 151024, NAPA 10245. One of those may work  for you. Also you may want to try Waldron's   Exhausts. Great pipes and mufflers. Decent people to deal with. 
  • 51Hudson
    Thanks for your help. Waldron's seems to have a nice website with decent pricing. It would be nice to do the whole system like they have listed but it would cost $135 to ship.
  • 51Hudson
    Well today I stopped by napa and gave the counter guy the part numbers that where listed above. Well none of those numbers came back with a muffler. But the guy told me to give him the dimensions of the old one and he will be able to find me one. Thanks again for the help.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Napa has a muffler that's perfect for the '48-'51s.  Am looking for the number in my notes . . . may have to crawl under the car and get a number.
  • 51Hudson
    Napa has a muffler that's perfect for the '48-'51s.  Am looking for the number in my notes . . . may have to crawl under the car and get a number.
    Thanks. I ordered one yesterday from napa based off of my old dimensions of my muffler. I am going to pick it up this afternoon. I wonder if it is the same part number as yours.
  • Park_W
    edited April 2015
    Mine has the number 196048 on it.   Also a 9, and  a 225.
  • 51Hudson
    Mine has the number 196048 on it.   Also a 9, and  a 225.
    Thanks for those numbers. I gave them to the parts guy today and he said they didn't cross over to anything. But I did pick up the one he found for me and it looks good and looks like it will work but the only difference is that it is a little shorter. I will post the part number another day as I don't have the receipt on me Thanks again.

• 51Hudson
    Well this weekend I got around to installing my new muffler. It went in pretty easy and it sounds nice and quite. It was a little shorter but that didn't make any problems for installing. The part number is napa 18130. Thanks again for the help.
  • Park_W
    Well, '51, it's my turn now.  Been annoyed with a rattle somewhere in the exhaust system, and it turned out to be in the muffler.  So the NAPA number your guy found was a good help.  Saved a lot of look-up time.  Park
  • 51Hudson
    Well, '51, it's my turn now.  Been annoyed with a rattle somewhere in the exhaust system, and it turned out to be in the muffler.  So the NAPA number your guy found was a good help.  Saved a lot of look-up time.  Park
    Cool. Glad it was able to help someone. The parts guy told me that there is another one that is all stainless but it was a little longer and it was 7 inches instead of 6 inches.
This discussion has been closed.